Author Topic: I GOT IT <DL32R> TODAY!!!! WOO HOO!!!!  (Read 17303 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: I GOT IT TODAY!!!! WOO HOO!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2015, 02:23:20 AM »
I didn't know you could re-route the output with the patch panel.  Interesting!  (Not sure I would ever do that.) 

My very first experience with a Mackie CFX-12 was 15 minutes of NOTHING.  I finally broke down and started reading the manual.  On that mixer all channels have to go to a group and the group goes to the main outs.  Quirky but exactly the way it was designed.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2015, 04:58:08 AM »
Wynnd the I/O patch on the 1608 is pretty anemic. You only can send different sources to the two iPad channels.
When in doubt KISS

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2015, 03:24:51 PM »
@Dean3
Standart L/R out put should be 13-14 , there is a mute on the Main channel (who wants to mute L/R ?)
If the cannel you are using is in a Group/VCA group the Group/VCA fader should be up and unmuted
If in doubt ask

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2015, 03:35:54 PM »
I mute L/R when I'm setting up monitors, though it's just as easy to pull the fader down.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 04:24:42 PM »
I mute the L/R anytime I'm turning on phantom power!!!!!!!    I really hate that pop.  My guitarist has a phantom powered DI for her acoustic sound into the PA.  (Which sounds quite nice.)

dean3

• Initiate
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 10:44:12 PM »
Thanks you all for the posts. While I am not a pro sound engineer, I have had my hands in sound gear for 30+ years, so at least I am not a newbie. Setup  is iPod plugged into 25 /26 with no sub group or vca. Coming out of 13 & 14 to a crown power amp and into my passive EV's. I did finally get sound, but it's nasty. It is acting like there is a gate on it. I have checked both channels and the gates are off, comps are off, no effects, no eq. I can see the levels on the channels and on the main. I don't get any sound out unless I turn it way up, and then it is distorted. So in short it sounds like my level in is way to hot, but as far as I can tell that is not the case. I also have nothing at the headphone jack. I also tried just plugging a mic in and I get the same distorted sound. I have not changed any of the routing and that is still showing main outs at # 13 & 14.... Mackies phone support has been closed since Christmas Eve. I think they open tomorrow, but I will be at work...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:46:30 PM by dean3 »

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2015, 11:57:23 PM »
That's a real bummer. I am sure Mackie will get it sorted out for you. But it is disappointing that this should happen. It should be a no questions asked replacement.

I hope it happens quickly!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 12:04:22 AM »
If you had an external signal source such as a Pink Stick or equivalent it would be straight forward to localize the problem. It does sound like a return. A single frequency source at 1K or 400 hz would be useful even a recorded one on the iPad. Now and in the future.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 12:35:59 AM »
30 years, might not be a pro, but you're probably not doing anything wrong.  It sounds to me like a bad unit.  Definitely call Mackie's support, but I'm guessing a replacement will be at your home before the end of next week.  When they had to swap out my DL1608, they sent the replacement and I had 10 days to pack up the defective unit and ship it back.  (Bad connector.)  I was out of a mixer for about an hour.  Your situation doesn't sound as good.  (And it also sounds like the first bad unit we've heard about.  Mackie will want this fixed quickly.)

dean3

• Initiate
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2015, 05:31:26 PM »
I got in touch with Mackie last night. It is indeed a bad unit. They are overnighting a replacement out on Monday. Less than a minute wait time on the phone after being closed since Christmas Eve. They are as anxious as I am to get this resolved and really couldn't have done more.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2015, 10:30:22 PM »
Just like I said.  They will want this resolved quickly.  Good to hear the quick response times.

dean3

• Initiate
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2015, 09:20:12 PM »
My replacement showed up today & it works!

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2015, 09:30:52 PM »
Good to hear.

I hope you get many years of reliable service from this one.

Cheers

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2015, 10:03:22 PM »
My replacement showed up today & it works!
Happy days - enjoy :thu: ;)
The older I get, the better I was!