Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Problems with 3.0

(1/3) > >>

jlb:
Working the same venue for 2 years with 1608. The only thing that has changed is the update. It's slow and choppy when scrolling. Eq is not smooth anymore and the metering is off, not in sync with the music. You can really notice it during kick drum beats. Also when monitoring my system inputs and outputs via Systems Architect the DL (main compressor in/out meter) is off by about 10db. I'm still running on iOS 7..? So maybe that is the issue? Wish I could go back to last version of Master Fader. Sub groups are nice though.

Wynnd:
Let's see.  Pink noise or choppy EQ response?  And as far as the VU meters lagging, don't think I've ever seen ones that didn't.  Maybe lagging more, but is there really a reason to care?  They are at best, some level of an average.  (none of my db meters give you the right now reading.  The lag is longer with them than with MF 3.0) I doubt that it's ios 7.x.   There have been other complaints about the choppy EQ response.  Look at what we are complaining about today.  Slow EQ?  Meter Lag?  (First time I've seen that.)  We're not complaining about full volume pink noise at a gig.   What if fixing the choppy EQ causes the pink noise problem to come back?  I can easily live with one.  I can't do my job with the other. 

The EQ choppyness is only on the modern mode.  The Vintage screen doesn't have that problem.  (Wonder if it's the interface?)

jlb:
My point is that these issues were not here before the update. Why update if there is a chance that you may in fact be moving backwards? For me it's a big deal as system/mixing-engineer is my full time job.

Rdmitch:
I'm on Ios 8.0 and have choppiness so it's not the 7.0 version.

While I sure don't want noise (pink ,white, or any color) the fact is that after moving a eq fader when you let go, it still continues to move and changes the setting. That's not a good thing. I am trying a few setting adjustments to see if anything helps.

RoadRanger:
I had a heck of a time getting the docked iPad to connect wired last night. I ended up having to reboot the iPad, nothing else I tried worked :( . It kept saying "Not Charging". I use it for break music so wireless wasn't an option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version