Author Topic: IPad Air not charging  (Read 5093 times)

Detailsound

• Initiate
IPad Air not charging
« on: December 01, 2014, 01:41:53 AM »
Hello everyone , I just purchased a used dl1608 and installed to  the Lightning Conector from  the 30 pin and also the iPad tray .. Everything seems well took the New update to 3.0 fine ..I' have iPad Air  2 But it's not charging In the dock..any help would be great thanks..

Wynnd

• Master
Re: IPad Air not charging
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 02:36:43 AM »
We've noticed that the ipad docked needs to be very nearly full charged to prevent sync drops.  It's probably a bad idea to count of charging a low charged ipad.  On the other hand, I have on rare occassions had the sync drop and the charging quits.  Fully charged and the auto shut off turned to never should put you in solid. 

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 02:41:38 AM »
couple of other things, make sure that unused apps are actually closed.  That requires flicking them away.  (look up if this doesn't sound like anything you've already done.)  you may have to reboot the ipad.  This might happen from time to time.  The mixer stays in the last setting. 

Detailsound

• Initiate
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 03:21:21 AM »
Thanks for the replies yes the iPad is charged , but I don't have a charging Icon when docked to the dl 1608.. Very frustrating . Not sure why ..I know it's supposed to charge if I'm  correct.. I actually tried the 30 pin cuz I have a older iPad and that didn't work either....but there's power At the connector I checked with a meter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 04:48:14 AM »
Try powering the iPad down and turning it on while docked with the DL1608 powered on. Last gig I had to do that with my iPad 2 to get it to show "charging" :( .

Detailsound

• Initiate
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 05:01:08 AM »
Thanks RR no luck . I thought this was gonna be a smooth transaction .. Not starting to well..

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 07:28:34 AM »
Hate to say it, maybe the charging problem is a reason the original owner sold it?
Also, did you try the old fashioned "old toothbrush and Servisol" method on the connectors?
Hope you get sorted!
The older I get, the better I was!

Detailsound

• Initiate
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 07:34:33 AM »
Yes Rob I just did the alcohol on the connectors and read a little more. On the new Lightning dock you either have square hole or one with a notch up top of the connector, it called for me to trim a notch out not much just enough to get a better connection..did that and the cleaned the connectors, I'm sitting here now having a ball...real nice piece..I guess it pays to read the directions in full..lol thanks everyone

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 12:45:57 PM »
Happy days! :)
The older I get, the better I was!