Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Dropouts in Recorded Audio

(1/2) > >>

Poehmsen:
For the past few weeks, audio that I record to my iPad 2 has dropouts about every 90 seconds. It lasts about .25 second.
I don't hear this during the performance. But on playback, it' there.
It happens whether I use Masterfader to record or the app DAW MulitTrack 3.4.9.
I have the record settings in Masterfader set to 16 bit 44.1kHz, the lowest resolution.
This was happening before the upgrade to 3.0, and is still happening.
I thought it might be due to apps running in the background, but I shut everything down, turned off wifi, and disable program notifications.
I use Stage Traxx to play backing tracks, and input a vocal and guitar via line 6 HD500 to play along.
Used to record great, but now the dropouts....

I emailed Mackie and they said they haven't had issues. Suggested trying another iPad. But I only have the iPad 2.

I've attached a jpg of the droput as seen when I load the wav in Audacity

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: Poehmsen on December 01, 2014, 03:29:46 PM ---I use Stage Traxx to play backing tracks, and i

--- End quote ---

Stage Traxx is running on the same iPad? Have you tried anything recording without it?

Poehmsen:
Yes - running on the same iPad. never used to be a problem.
and I've had dropouts even when I've recorded band rehearsals, without using StageTraxx.

robbocurry:
Out of curiosity, is the DL sitting close to any loud source of music, especially bass?
Maybe vibration unseating the iPad. Just a wild theory:)

Poehmsen:
It's really quiet in my basement for rehearsal.
Using IEM and going direct to the board. The only thing you can hear in the room is my singing....and it's not good, but hopefully not bad enough to shake the Ipad  or mixer :)

I did a iOS upgrade last night to 8.1.1
Disabled all Background App Refresh

Going to try recording again tonight and will report back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version