Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

FAQ: You Can Go Back To V2.1.1 If You Really Have To, If You Must Of Course

(1/9) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
I apologize of this is not too technical, but please bare (bear) with me? This is for just in case! And only if you find it absolutely necessary!

THIS METHOD MAY NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE, PLEASE DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK

So for anyone that for any reason wants to go back to MF 2.1.1 from 3 you can. The catch is that you should have a backup of MF 2.1.1 in iTunes on your computer first.

I have 2 iPad 2’s. One had MF 3, the other 2.1.1. I had backed up all my apps on the one with 2.1.1 in iTunes on my laptop. I deleted MF 3 on the other iPad. I connected this one to the laptop, opened iTunes and synced both devices. I scrolled to the apps that I had backed up from the other iPad (MF2.1.1). I dragged the MF 2.1.1 app to the iPad’s desktop, waited ‘till they synced once more, disconnected my iPad and viola, there was the app I had just dragged over.

I opened MF and there you are, version 2.1.1 was successfully copied from one iPad to the other. It works perfectly. The only downside is that all my scenes were gone on the “copied to iPad” But they are alive and well on the original iPad with 2.1.1. And as you know once the original iPad is docked in the DL and you connect wirelessly with the other iPad, you are given the choice from where you can use the stored scenes. Select the docked iPad and your scenes are "magically"  ;) sent to your “blank scenes” iPad” Now you have your hard earned scenes on both devices.

If you only have one iPad, you will lose your scenes completely, but you can roll back to 2.1.1 if you have to.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR DL IS STILL ON THE V2.1.1 FIRMWARE

Keyboard Magic:
Thank you RR for making it a FAQ.  :thu:  :)

pytchley:
OK, so you can go back on the iPad. Has anyone tried to go back on their DL? That is to say a DL which has been flashed with MF3? Will MF2 flash it back again?

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: pytchley on December 02, 2014, 06:38:15 PM ---OK, so you can go back on the iPad. Has anyone tried to go back on their DL? That is to say a DL which has been flashed with MF3? Will MF2 flash it back again?

--- End quote ---

I presume, what ever version of MF you have, a hard reset should upload the appropriate firmware version to the DL to match the software. Even if you've updated to the new firmware, it's overwritten.

I'm hoping someone with more knowledge than myself will chime in and confirm or deny my claim?

nottooloud:
I haven't tried from MF3, since it's working for me, but I did downgrade  DL1608 firmware to 1.4.1 from several 2.n.n versions with no difficulty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version