Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

FAQ: You Can Go Back To V2.1.1 If You Really Have To, If You Must Of Course

<< < (3/9) > >>

nottooloud:
I meant what version of Master Fader is on your iPad.

My Fader is for iPhones and iPod Touches. Doesn't work if your DL has already been updated to 3.n.

WK154:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on December 23, 2014, 05:59:14 PM ---Which version is on your iPad? I could go back because I've archived every version of every app I've ever had. When iTunes updates an app, I pull it out of the trash and stash it. Of course, I'm crazy.

--- End quote ---
Yeah crazy smart! It's a computer like it or not and you have to CYA with all the "new generation programmers" running wild. They haven't learned the basics. Not backing up is crazy.

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: musicman7722 on December 23, 2014, 05:56:47 PM ---I want to try this path to go back.  How do I find my apps on my iPad and then save them to my laptop?  i have a macbook pro

--- End quote ---

Did you update via iTunes or on the iPad? If on the iPad did you sync to iTunes since updating? In either case you have probably lost MF2. You can find out easily by going to the apps page in iTunes, right click on the MF icon and "show in finder" the file will be either Master Fader 2.1.1.ipa or Master Fader 3.0.1.ipa. Then just save it in a safe place. To get the DL to reload the firmware from the iPad after you have MF2 back on there boot up the DL with the reset button pressed (tiny hole between the LAN and PSU connectors, use a straightened paper clip). The DL will then install the f/w from the iPad.

Others have posted while I have been typing and musicman7722 has sorted his problem but I'll post this for anybody else wanting to revert.

musicman7722:

--- Quote from: WK154 on December 23, 2014, 06:40:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: nottooloud on December 23, 2014, 05:59:14 PM ---Which version is on your iPad? I could go back because I've archived every version of every app I've ever had. When iTunes updates an app, I pull it out of the trash and stash it. Of course, I'm crazy.

--- End quote ---
Yeah crazy smart! It's a computer like it or not and you have to CYA with all the "new generation programmers" running wild. They haven't learned the basics. Not backing up is crazy.

--- End quote ---

In the app archive it has 2.0 and I don't have any version actually installed.  I did have 3.0 and removed it and I never attached it to the Dl1608.  Of course the DL has 2.1.1 on it.  Do I have a chance?

musicman7722:
Well i wouldn't say I've sorted anything :(  I am no transferring the 2.0 via drop box back to my ipad but I am so over my head here.  I fix PC's for a living  but can barely turn on my ipad and macbook

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version