Author Topic: Iphones can't see MF 3?  (Read 13802 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: Iphones can't see MF 3?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 08:52:37 PM »
No More Faders

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 11:38:35 PM »
Need more funds

:thu: :thu:

And to you Sam....  :thu: :thu:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:40:22 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »
I posted this elsewhere but is there no simple roll back procedure?  if not I may just throw this DL away and get a QSC.  I have been very loyal, patient and quiet about this mixer but I have reached the end of my rope.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 06:15:15 PM »
I posted this elsewhere but is there no simple roll back procedure?  if not I may just throw this DL away and get a QSC.  I have been very loyal, patient and quiet about this mixer but I have reached the end of my rope.

This may already be redundant to you, but have you tried Mackie for a solution? Maybe even BenO? They are very eager to help, generally speaking. They might have a solution for you. I didn't update, but do understand your frustration. I would be ready to back my van over it at this point. I really hope you find your answer.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 07:09:35 PM »
If you don't have an older backup of your iPad pre 3.0, do you know anyone with an iPad running mf  2.1?
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »
I allowed a couple of people to try to install my MF2.1.1.ipa file and it didn't work. The install will only work with a version of MF2 from the same iTunes account the iPad is on so if you used a different iPad it would have to remain attached to the original account or the apps purchased on that account would cease to work. If you can find somebody with an iPad already running MF2 who would be prepared to let you use their iPad and/or iTunes account then that may work (but you would have to have your iPad associated with their iTunes library and not your own). Theoretically (I haven't tried this) it may be possible to add an iPad 1 to your account, the iPad 1 can't run iOS7 so would be forced to install MF2 then you may be able to install MF2 on any other iPads on the same account (after deleting MF3 from your iTunes library). I can't try this though and, while it would probably work with a borrowed iPad 1 which could subsequently be restored to it's former state, if you bought an iPad 1 for this purpose it would become redundant when you finally did update to MF3 (after all the bugs have been worked out). I have reverted to MF2 after trying MF3 but I already had MF2 in my iTunes and installed MF3 on one iPad direct from the app store and not via iTunes.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:24:04 PM by sam.spoons »

billmacd

• Initiate
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 02:01:21 AM »
I am totally in the soup, fearing a revolt from the band in protest of the 3.0 untimely upgrade that has disabled everyone's iPhones. I screwed up by allowing the update 2 hours before a gig last Saturday, only to find that a FIRMWARE update was also required. Now that my iPad and 1608 are updated there appears to be no way back to 2.0. Next gig is Jan 10 and I am truly sweating whether My Fader 3.0 will get released in time. It was very inconsiderate of Mackie to release Master Fader 3.0 WITHOUT My Fader ready to go at the same time. Seems they've sold out the 1608 owners in favor of DL32 buyers. Most little bands, for which the 1608 is perfectly adequate, will NEVER need the DL32. Heck, if I was running 32 channels I would not want to try and manage them on an iPad anyway. It's the little one-nighter bands in small venues that cannot drag in a snake and take up a table, :(

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 06:27:55 AM »
Sorry about the MF 3.x situation. There's been quite a bit of warning around about if you need My Fader that you shouldn't upgrade to Master Fader 3.x.  (Both from Mackie and other contributors to this forum.)   Last thing I saw was that My Fader 3.x might be out in Feb.  As far as the firmware update, the firmware is the mixer's software.  If you can retro your ipad to MF 2.1.1, it will push out the correct firmware to the mixer.  (That will always match the Master Fader version used.)  Remember that you can run up to 10 ios devices all running Master Fader 3.x  They do all need to be the same version.  I know this doesn't help you with iphones and ipods, but it might help you through the next month or so. 

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 06:20:16 PM »
Sorry I am not buying into this at all.  Beno if you are reading It is Mackies fault for not being more aware of how many people like me just blindly trust them.  I read all about the beta version that Beno offered to the 100 takers and I passed on by, not interested.  Then the darn thing shows up as a potential update and I said well that was quick and after reading how most people liked the features took it.  Pow I feel like George Patton's third army rolled over me.  The only thing stopping me from going out and buying a QSC Touch is that the monitors aren't designed right IEM.  And I'm a bit unsure if they have software yet for iPhone's but I'm so dang close.  Next option is to buy 2 more iPads to pass around to the bands to run the monitors off of.  >:( >:( >:(

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 07:21:14 PM »
Sorry I am not buying into this at all.  Beno if you are reading It is Mackies fault for not being more aware of how many people like me just blindly trust them.  I read all about the beta version that Beno offered to the 100 takers and I passed on by, not interested.  Then the darn thing shows up as a potential update and I said well that was quick and after reading how most people liked the features took it.  Pow I feel like George Patton's third army rolled over me.  The only thing stopping me from going out and buying a QSC Touch is that the monitors aren't designed right IEM.  And I'm a bit unsure if they have software yet for iPhone's but I'm so dang close.  Next option is to buy 2 more iPads to pass around to the bands to run the monitors off of.  >:( >:( >:(

Even though it's not a very good option for you, 2 iPads would be cheaper than a TouchMix 16 right now. By not much though. It is a royal pain in the butt.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »
I read the warning and knew that if I went to 3.0 that I lose the MyFader.  I chose to make the change knowing that. 
It's not really their fault as they never said when MyFader was due out.  Maybe they should have put it in big bold type
and also said to be sure to back up the V2.1 just in case.
I think as a good will gesture they should put the app back on the app store for 2.1 so people that rely on the iphones and ipods
can go back.
I would probably start looking for some friends that can loan you a ipad to get through the gig with.  You can always
delete the app and return the ipads when done.

Your never to old to learn something stupid

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 07:41:02 PM »
Good advice all around but I don't have any friends or even no anybody around here that has gone digital yet let along the DL1608 :-X

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2014, 08:36:03 PM »
Good advice all around but I don't have any friends or even no anybody around here that has gone digital yet let along the DL1608 :-X
Might be nice if you filled in the location field in your profile. Nobody here is going to come gunning for you.
When in doubt KISS

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2014, 08:48:22 PM »
I hand't thought of that ...hmmm here I am and thanks for the suggestion :thu:.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2014, 09:22:15 PM »
OK, well if was me in that same situation I first would not wait for mackie to solve the problem by gig time.
Plan B needs to be in place.  Like I said earlier see if you can borrow a few iPads, you don't need to borrow another  mixer or find anyone with a 1608, all you need is their basic iPad, it will take 5 minutes to load the app on them, after the gig delete the app and return to the owner.no harm done, and the gig goes on.
Now, let's say no one I know has or will load me an iPad, I now have option C, just like back in the Stone Age we do a sound check for monitors and FOH and let the sound guy run mains and monitors with your iPod that you
must have to go with the 1608. After he/she gets a decent front mix, they come up to the stage and watch while each person signals what changes are needed in their monitor.  If there is NO soundpeprson.....get one!
Just kidding, if there is no one running sound for you and you're doing it yourself from the stage, let the individual
Band members tell you what they need between songs and make minor adjustments one at a time.
Yes, it's primitve, it's how we did it before there was iPads,iPhones,iPods,Ijails.  Just put up with it to get thru the gig cause the show must go on.  It won't be forever and the app will be ready before you know it.
Using a spare analog mixer won't be any better.

Your never to old to learn something stupid