Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Iphones can't see MF 3?

<< < (9/9)

sam.spoons:
Good stuff MM.

It would be good if Mackie released MF2 again as MF lite or something. From my brief demo of MF3 it's a huge step up from MF2 which is a double edged sword, for casual users MF2 is perfect, despite having more features than you need it's still very easy to navigate. MF3 OTOH is significantly more complicated and has, probably, twice the ability to catch the unwary out. MF3 (when it works properly for everyone) has way more features for the advanced user and will be a huge improvement over MF2 for those who can use those facilities.

Even when they get MF3 sorted I'll be slightly reluctant to recommend the DL to basic users as MF3 is a complicated beast and the easy learning curve of MF2 is history.

musicman7722:
Sam Io totally agree with you.  I of course downloaded 3 which is how I got here.  There were some cool functions I would use but none I needed so 2.1.1 is it for quite some time here :)

sam.spoons:
I'll stick with MF2.1.1 until they sort MF3. The extra features would be very nice but not at the cost of an unresponsive GUI. I still have the X32 for my geek-fix :)

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: musicman7722 on January 03, 2015, 01:27:33 AM ---There were some cool functions I would use but none I needed so 2.1.1

--- End quote ---

The trims alone have made the DL way more useful for me. Put the mixer onstage, set the gain pots low, and make it up as needed in the trims. It's a totally functional workaround for not having remote head amp control.

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on January 03, 2015, 04:36:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: musicman7722 on January 03, 2015, 01:27:33 AM ---There were some cool functions I would use but none I needed so 2.1.1

--- End quote ---

The trims alone have made the DL way more useful for me. Put the mixer onstage, set the gain pots low, and make it up as needed in the trims. It's a totally functional workaround for not having remote head amp control.

--- End quote ---

I resolved this with 2.1 by simply engaging the compresser and adding the needed gain there. You can set the threshold as high or low as you want ( or non at all), but the gain slider works regardless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version