Author Topic: Problem with Auxes  (Read 3597 times)

terrysisco

• Youngling
Problem with Auxes
« on: December 04, 2014, 07:05:15 PM »
Hi All,
I've had this mixer (DL1608) for nearly a year now (10 months).  Just a couple of weeks ago (prior to the update to 3.0), and has continued through after the update to 3.0.

I use the Aux's (5 of them) for IEM's.

The problem started when Aux 3 could not control his mix.  So one by one I went and muted each Aux and found that when I muted Aux 5, his mix was muted.  I first thought that his IEM unit was plugged into the wrong Aux so I swapped Aux 3 & 5 with each other (through the tangle of wires in my rack).  This seemed to have corrected the issue as now he could control his mix (Aux 3).

Then Aux 5 could not control their mix. So I began troubleshooting that issue.  Come to find out that when I mute Aux 3, it also muted Aux 5... Like they were joined.

Bottom line:
With Aux 3 disconnected, Aux 5 has no output.
With Aux 5 disconnected, Aux 3 DOES have output.
With both Aux's connected they both have output but both are being controlled by Aux 3, nothing I do in the Aux 5 changes anything for the Aux 5 output.

Any ideas?

I'm not at my mixer just now so I can test any suggestions until I'm back at the mixer (most likely this weekend).  But wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this..

FYI: Until this incident, the mixer has worked flawlessly with all 6 Aux's being used...  AND I will be doing some isolation troubleshooting this weekend....

Thanks for any input anyone may have.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Problem with Auxes
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 07:25:42 PM »
10 Months send it back under Warranty.
When in doubt KISS

thedrums

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 07:58:26 PM »
1) Power everything down.
2) Re-dock iPad
3) Power everything up in order.

*Be sure to reload the show from which you are working.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:02:49 PM by thedrums »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »
Hi All,
I've had this mixer (DL1608) for nearly a year now (10 months).  Just a couple of weeks ago (prior to the update to 3.0), and has continued through after the update to 3.0.

I use the Aux's (5 of them) for IEM's.

The problem started when Aux 3 could not control his mix.  So one by one I went and muted each Aux and found that when I muted Aux 5, his mix was muted.  I first thought that his IEM unit was plugged into the wrong Aux so I swapped Aux 3 & 5 with each other (through the tangle of wires in my rack).  This seemed to have corrected the issue as now he could control his mix (Aux 3).

Then Aux 5 could not control their mix. So I began troubleshooting that issue.  Come to find out that when I mute Aux 3, it also muted Aux 5... Like they were joined.

Bottom line:
With Aux 3 disconnected, Aux 5 has no output.
With Aux 5 disconnected, Aux 3 DOES have output.
With both Aux's connected they both have output but both are being controlled by Aux 3, nothing I do in the Aux 5 changes anything for the Aux 5 output.

Any ideas?

I'm not at my mixer just now so I can test any suggestions until I'm back at the mixer (most likely this weekend).  But wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this..

FYI: Until this incident, the mixer has worked flawlessly with all 6 Aux's being used...  AND I will be doing some isolation troubleshooting this weekend....

Thanks for any input anyone may have.

No technical solution for you, but I would certainly call Mackie a.s.a.p. They may be able to help resolve your problem over the phone and or get you to ship it back under warranty. Once you've tried "thedrums' suggestion. Good advice.   :thu:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:02:59 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

terrysisco

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:07:03 PM »
I'll give that a try...

Thanks!

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 09:58:08 PM »
First time I've heard of this one.  Admittedly, I don't use very many auxes at one time.  That might change soon.

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 01:22:31 AM »
I've had a couple of similar incidences - rebooting the ipad fixed them.

terrysisco

• Youngling
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 04:22:34 PM »
Well,
I took my mixer home over the weekend to do some troubleshooting.
And... I could not get it to fail. Possibly, the power reset and iPad reboot cleared the issue.
Regardless, my mixes are separate and independent once again.
Cautiously optimistic.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »
Well,
I took my mixer home over the weekend to do some troubleshooting.
And... I could not get it to fail. Possibly, the power reset and iPad reboot cleared the issue.
Regardless, my mixes are separate and independent once again.
Cautiously optimistic.

Fantastic! I'm so glad it's working for you. Fingers, Eyes and Toes crossed for you.  :)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler