Author Topic: Did I read master fader was going to have transport controls for playback?  (Read 20466 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Did I read master fader was going to have transport controls for playback?
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2014, 12:45:00 AM »
Can we all get a grip please, there is no need to be rude or offensive to others voicing an opinion even if you disagree. This is usually a reasonably civil forum (ok, it's not the most polite I read but...) but Kev has his opinions, as do the rest of us and there's no need to take personal offence if others disagree with you......
Sam it's not about disagreements it's about lack of respect for what is trying to be accomplished here. He has a long history on other forums as well. Some just humor him others ignore him. The net effect is that he dilutes the value of this forum as pytchley stated. Prospective members trying to get some useful information from here have to wade thru all this diatribe, it needs to stop. My suggestion is to ignore him. It's easier if RR wants to clean up all the droppings. It's also not this particular thread but the many others. Robbo it was the continuation of the Mackie forum (technical) after a rude removal by Mackie of their own forum, lest we forget.
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2014, 01:17:02 AM »
Can we all get a grip please, there is no need to be rude or offensive to others voicing an opinion even if you disagree. This is usually a reasonably civil forum (ok, it's not the most polite I read but...) but Kev has his opinions, as do the rest of us and there's no need to take personal offence if others disagree with you......
Sam it's not about disagreements it's about lack of respect for what is trying to be accomplished here. He has a long history on other forums as well. Some just humor him others ignore him. The net effect is that he dilutes the value of this forum as pytchley stated. Prospective members trying to get some useful information from here have to wade thru all this diatribe, it needs to stop. My suggestion is to ignore him. It's easier if RR wants to clean up all the droppings. It's also not this particular thread but the many others. Robbo it was the continuation of the Mackie forum (technical) after a rude removal by Mackie of their own forum, lest we forget.
From the brief time I was on the Mackie forum it actually seemed quite diverse to me.
There are no hard and fast rules here, as you well know, or our mutual "friend" would have been banned for outburst after profain outburst against you, me and many others.
Even after outrageous behaviour, people still thought he was a valued contributor.
It just goes to show how varied our perceptions can be.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:21:11 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 09:03:40 AM »
Hi guys

I honestly don't see what I have written to upset you,

Let's have a recap of what I said,

700 or 1200 euros + pad+ spare pad is a bit pricey for people who require a very low channel count,

The free ipad thing was a joke

I think the 700 euro dl is going to look expensive compared to the berry x( if it comes)
I have not slagged mackie, nor you, nor anything, it's an opinion, what's wrong with having one of them?

My suggestions re the 1u 2 channel dl, the wundamix , well you can scoff, but you better tell motu and co that it's a bad idea, there are a few on the market, I am merely suggesting that there is room for a cheaper no frills more suited to live use version

I will ask the question again, what do you guys do, know that makes your opinions any better than mine, wd40 TV repair man, wynnd man in France, you probably play in covers band or do foh for covers band, you are not on tour with bon jovi, if you were we would not be discussing a cheap desk would we,

Robbo, the most negative and damaging person on this forum is wd40, why don't you suggest we ignore him? ?he has put me off taking the mackie plunge.

Thansk Sam, thanks braden,
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:05:49 AM by Kev tyler »

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2014, 12:06:05 PM »
I have to admit Kev's right. I do owe an apology but not to him more like to the rest of you for stirring up all this unpleasantness. So I'm very sorry and hope this controversy at least serves to put things straight in this otherwise excellent forum. I hope it remains a place for users of the DL mixers to share experiences and drive Mackie to improve the products in an atmosphere of good humour. As a final reply to Kev's unpleasant taunts I'd like to add that there is nothing bad about playing in a covers band, most musicians do at one time or another, my current bluegrass influenced band does a few alongside some original stuff. I've been lucky enough to earn my living for the past 47 years in and around music and being a drummer living in a remote and beautiful part of France it's not always been possible to find a good paying gig so long ago I invested in PA and studio equipment so as to be able earn a living without having to dig too many holes etc. A couple of times in my career I have had the good fortune to work in bands that toured extensively around Europe, nothing huge but lots of festivals and outsize monitor systems hence my left ear problem!!! I hope this puts an end to all this nonsense and we can move on. I just wish Mackie would hurry up with 3.1...

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2014, 04:25:09 PM »

Really? The following is from this thread alone.

And what do you know wd40

that's why I am here you dopes

Do me a favour you two, And get a life,

you don't agree, tough titty

Monsieur pitchy, Opinions are like ars$ holes, everyone has one.

I spelt your name wrong deliberately, you don't deserve my courtesy, none of you do

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 04:51:57 PM »
Maybe us rough'n'tumble production guys can lighten up on the noobs a bit ;) ?

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 05:12:01 PM »
Hi guys

700 or 1200 euros + pad+ spare pad is a bit pricey for people who require a very low channel count,

I think the 700 euro dl is going to look expensive compared to the berry x( if it comes)
I have not slagged mackie, nor you, nor anything, it's an opinion, what's wrong with having one of them?

My suggestions re the 1u 2 channel dl, the wundamix , well you can scoff, but you better tell motu and co that it's a bad idea, there are a few on the market, I am merely suggesting that there is room for a cheaper no frills more suited to live use version

I will ask the question again, what do you guys do, know that makes your opinions any better than mine, wd40 TV repair man, wynnd man in France, you probably play in covers band or do foh for covers band, you are not on tour with bon jovi, if you were we would not be discussing a cheap desk would we,

Robbo, the most negative and damaging person on this forum is wd40, why don't you suggest we ignore him? ?he has put me off taking the mackie plunge.

Hey Kev,
I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned a mutual "friend" who exhibited (IMHO) unacceptable behaviour especially towards WK, and to many others here on the forum.
This was way back before you joined.
I petitioned for this guy to get kicked off but a few people thought he had something useful to contribute.
Anyway, you and I have had a bit of banter, not sure if you  are having a go at me or not?
What you're saying usually doesn't upset my delicate sensibilities one bit.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:15:14 PM by robbocurry »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
Hi guys

Hey Kev,
I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned a mutual "friend" who exhibited (IMHO) unacceptable behaviour especially towards WK, and to many others here on the forum.
This was way back before you joined.
I petitioned for this guy to get kicked off but a few people thought he had something useful to contribute.
Anyway, you and I have had a bit of banter, not sure if you  are having a go at me or not?
What you're saying usually doesn't upset my delicate sensibilities one bit.

Hey Robbo,

I think you'll remember this from way back in my early days in the forum and I think it still holds true, for myself and others....

“You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away, know when to run."

;)

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2014, 08:02:47 PM »
Lol, for sure KM.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2014, 08:06:45 PM »
Lol, for sure KM.

So as well as the "like" selection, do you think a "dislike" selection would pan out?  ;) Where's my Lightsaber Luuuuke?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:17:27 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2014, 08:39:19 PM »
Robbo rest assured Kev is in good company. A post from the Behringer forum a while ago. JL did have his good moments.

09-27-2014 #144
kev tyler
   Hi jerry I thought that might be you. ), it's a sign of desperation that I am pitching the wundamix concept everywhere from here to the speaker builders forum to cacophony and even to the baby forum my expectant wife uses....

Wynnd I think you have your answer as to why he is posting here.
For all here look up the meaning of troll.
Now if I could only get him to post to the right topics and contribute :lol: :lol: :lol: There was a reason for all the other topics on this forum not just a typing exercise for RR. For those of you that thought the original Mackie forum was a chat room think again. They may just have closed it down because it was too time consuming to keep it technical and clean out the trash. It was diverse meaning their whole product line, not just the DL. Their hope I'm sure was to reduce the tech-line traffic. It didn't work out for them, although they are the only company in this business AFAIK that shut down their own forum.  They now have what you want on Facebook, a chat room go visit or follow them on Twitter.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:25:08 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2014, 09:05:45 PM »
Hey Robbo

Not having a go at you mate sorry, it's a great forum, , the quote unquote thing is hard to follow, wd40  give it a rest lad, Digging up the past like a big soft girl, you have a horrible attitude, you are a hypocrite too, you are mister anti mackie , I am not, all the others for gods sake jump off the band wagon, you are far too late. Selective quoting, grow up.

Man in France You are in a covers band, great I am a solo vocalist, why do you think my needs are less important than yours,

I am sorry that I want a quality reliable  product, listening to you lot  griping   about your wants and wished pees me off too, you don't see me getting the knife out do you? Why not just scrap the wish list? If  your desired option is not available then you must be talking cobblers  right mon ami?

You do owe me an apology but I won't hold my breath,

I only said this piece of halibut was fit for Jehovah

:)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:37:40 PM by Kev tyler »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »

I only said this piece of halibut was fit for Jehovah

:)
He said it again!
Lol

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2014, 01:55:30 AM »
I guess my General Message to the forum just recently was a waste of time. I came here to read about interesting topics on Mackie, the DL to be exact and to share views and opinions on a variety of topics with my peers, only to find after all that, the sniping is still going on. I am very disappointed and saddened by it. How long is this going to continue? We are all professionals. But right now this stuff is not very professional.

I can already guess what some of the replies to this will be, and I said some, not all. “If you don’t like it then don’t be here.” “Why all the whining?” etc. etc. Like I said at the top, I am disappointed, saddened and even disillusioned. Please stop? If someone is pushing your buttons, just ignore it. It will be better for all of us.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2014, 09:26:20 AM »
Cheers Braden, and thanks Robbo

Let's move on,

Do I have this right,  if I had my pad with my playback app all up to date , masters fader up to date, that I would have no problem using the airturn module  for stop and play, this is presuming the pad is bolted in and charging, and the master fader app is running in the background, playback app on top in view.

Despite not owning a dl yet.. I still think it's the best option for the likes of me regardless of whatever the competition is promising,  the charging security advantages of the dock still mean a lot to me.

I am sure you can understand the importance of diligent research pre purchase

Cheers

Kev
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:38:54 AM by Kev tyler »