Author Topic: Did I read master fader was going to have transport controls for playback?  (Read 20307 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Did I read master fader was going to have transport controls for playback?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 02:50:23 PM »
Harley Davidson doesn't make a motorcycle for me.  But unlike Kev, I don't spend any time on a Harley forum complaining about it.  I just don't buy one and I don't spend any time on their forum telling them what I think about their bikes.  (Absolutely nothing wrong with Harleys.  All motorcycles used to have dependability issues, but those days are pretty much gone.)    So what on Earth makes this such a great forum for Kev, who obviously either hates the products, or the people who love the products? 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 05:13:37 PM »
Pytchley  and others I invited him to post on what he owns (Mackie Onyx analog) when he first came on this forum, unfortunately he has no respect for the rules or the people here and clearly has nothing to contribute to the analog section. I was well aware of his posting on the Behringer forum to the tune of close to 600 posts and he doesn't own any Behringer gear either. : "The thing is Ampli he doesn't even own one and he's posted 184 times on this forum and most of what he says is nonsense!!!!" Your quite right he's still looking for that Wundra brand mixer, the one he's going to build and then buy them all himself. He reminds me of those city pigeons, they poop everywhere and leave a mess. There is only one way to rid yourselves of this and that is to DO NOT FEED THE PIGEONS. They will eventually fly away.
When in doubt KISS

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 06:01:07 PM »
And what do you know wd40

I pitched the remote control analogue desk concept to my professor at university 35 years ago,

It's a good forum that's why I am here you dopes, I have said nothing negative about mackie on here, I am just trying to steer them in to creating a killer product, you guys have your heads up your backsides, this is the adulation I expect to find on the Mac forums.

So Mackie love  you ? , that's why they took their own forum down,

Maybe it's just a regional thing, but for me, mackie are like behringer with an America accent, some good stuff some dross.

Keep it real guys

Kev

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 07:08:57 PM »
Killer Product?  Should Kev be working in development?  Can he work on a team?  He seems to want to do the job for free.  All of my life I have rarely experienced G.A.S. but the DL1608 hit me in Sept 2013.  It's a much better mixer today, but I immediately saw the advantages and the one disadvantage.  (Phantom power being global.) I replaced a perfectly good MixWiz, Compressor and 100' snake.  This is a killer product.  I could have purchased a StudioLive 24.4.2 with my Wife's blessing.  Nice mixer and I am already familiar with using them, but I'm 61 and paring down the size and weight of my equipment and the DL fit right into those plans.  In my mind, the DL1608 is the Killer Product and Kev won't be pleased with anything.  Not asking you to buy one, but if you really want to create the killer product, don't expect it to occur on a forum site and try to get a job in development with a company that makes these products.  Meanwhile you could spend a lot more time reading and a lot less whining.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 08:18:35 PM »
And what do you know wd40

I pitched the remote control analogue desk concept to my professor at university 35 years ago,

It's a good forum that's why I am here you dopes, I have said nothing negative about mackie on here, I am just trying to steer them in to creating a killer product, you guys have your heads up your backsides, this is the adulation I expect to find on the Mac forums.

So Mackie love  you ? , that's why they took their own forum down,

Maybe it's just a regional thing, but for me, mackie are like behringer with an America accent, some good stuff some dross.

Keep it real guys

Kev
Yes Kev give me wd40 and a Craftsman's wrench and I'll fix your problems. We have a saying in this country that applies "Action Walks and Bullshit talks" . The one thing I know about you is that if you had any knowledge in the audio field you would have solved your problem long time ago. It's a good forum for owners and operators of DL series mixers and I for one am going to try to keep it that way. I'll not tolerate pigeons like you.  I invested too much time in the DL and this forum to let it slide. I'm inviting you to leave.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:07:15 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 09:13:34 PM »
Do me a favour you two,

And get a life,

I am not going anywhere, and why should I?

I have an opinion, like you, you don't agree, tough titty

They should rename this forum to amateur shrinks .com

Who the hell are you to judge me?

We have a few sayings where I am from, I will be polite and not share them with you.

Pmsl
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:24:26 PM by Kev tyler »

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 09:35:49 PM »
Kev, if you want to reply to me at least take the trouble to spell my pseudo correctly, also just because i live in France that doesn't make me any more French than you're Balearic and finally just leave. Your opinions are as stupid as your rhetoric. You would be much more at home on uli's forum where nothing is real like your opinions on something you know nothing about.
Sorry to feed the pigeon but I've had enough of his bollocks.
Hey Wyndd, I'm actually older than you!!! Crusties together against the world.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 10:06:54 PM »
How's the hearing holding up.  I just went to hearing aids.  (Though they aren't good for gigging at typical volumes.)  I now understand why I never wanted to be beside the bassist.  (And I do play bass.)  My Mother, whom I'm most like, had two hearing aids during her last 4 years and couldn't hear a telephone ring without them.  (And she wasn't exposed to loud volumes.)  Personally, I'm figuring that I might get another 10 years.  (If I live that long.)   After that, I hope to be motorcycling around the Country with my Wife.  She's planning on working until she's 75.  We'll see how well that goes, but she is doing stuff she likes.  (And gets paid well for.) 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2014, 10:24:51 PM »
Wynnd thank you for not feeding the pigeon.
When in doubt KISS

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2014, 10:26:55 PM »
Wynnd, well my left ear's a bit down, I reckon from over loud drum monitors at festivals when I was still doing that sort of thing but the other one's still OK. I'm still playing but smaller stuff with a bluegrass band. Otherwise haven't ridden a bike for a few years but maybe again one day. I do quite a few PA gigs these days with a smaller rig than before and the DL has fitted in really well in my down sizing campaign despite it's little foibles. This forum is great with some really useful info from some intelligent people who are interested in moving the DL on, long may it continue. (hopefully without any pigeons) :lol:

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2014, 10:46:24 PM »
I spelt your name wrong deliberately, you don't deserve my courtesy, none of you do after  your insults,

I asked a simple question about transport controls  and you guys have become very judgemental and nasty, I don't actually know what your problem is, i expressed an opinion that the dl is too expensive  considering it doesn't work out of the box and requires the purchase of 2 iPads, one for back up, I have 30 years in show business and originally came from an electronics background which I abandoned in favour of becoming a professional musician so I  ask all of you again, what do you know that makes your opinion on the available and non available products more valuable than mine?

Regarding my or anyone else's for   that matter
Lack of ownership, of a dl, as I said I came here because I wanted to buy one and check out the comments from users prior to purchase, do you think you are some sort of special club?by the way it was wd40 s comments that put me off buying one
I invite  all of you to read the thread  again and appologise,
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:03:25 AM by Kev tyler »

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2014, 10:48:19 PM »
I'm coming up on 2 years of owning my DL, and it's worked flawlessly for me. For playback I simply use one channel and an iPod or my Galaxy phone, so yes I only have a 15 channel board. But it still has 2 more channels than my old Mixwiz due to the built in delay & reverb returns. And the 6 aux sends are all available for monitors - fantastic!

I had never touched or used an iPad until I purchased mine ($300 for a refurb). Not only is the iPad great to use with the DL, I love having it around the house!

I don't miss my heavy board, processing rack (that was comparatively limited), snake, etc. Now I can walk in to a club with my suitcase style DL case, a few boxes of cables, and tie in to their system in minutes. The bands I work for (and their customers) are blown away at the iPad mixers functionality, and they always sound very good.

To anyone reading this board, there are thousands of satisfied DL customers out there. In the Seattle area, I know of no less than 8 bands or venues that are using this board, and I'm sure there are plenty more out there.

Cheers!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2014, 12:05:54 AM »
Can we all get a grip please, there is no need to be rude or offensive to others voicing an opinion even if you disagree. This is usually a reasonably civil forum (ok, it's not the most polite I read but...) but Kev has his opinions, as do the rest of us and there's no need to take personal offence if others disagree with you......

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2014, 12:34:33 AM »
I must have missed the rule page that said this was strictly a technical forum!?
Perhaps RR hadn't that rule in place when I joined?
I was the second person here after RR.
The forum has changed and I've watched it get domineered on a number of occasions.
I've seen quite a few people who I'd like to invite to leave, but then I'm not the boss of anyone here (and I know that)
RR is the King. 
Not like the forum as it is?
Go start your own then or go somewhere else :)
This applies to all sides, myself included.
Not meaning to be rude to anyone, just stating the obvious.

Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:40:27 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2014, 12:41:37 AM »
Can we all get a grip please, there is no need to be rude or offensive to others voicing an opinion even if you disagree. This is usually a reasonably civil forum (ok, it's not the most polite I read but...) but Kev has his opinions, as do the rest of us and there's no need to take personal offence if others disagree with you......

You said it Sam :thu:
The older I get, the better I was!