Author Topic: Did I read master fader was going to have transport controls for playback?  (Read 20441 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Re: Did I read master fader was going to have transport controls for playback?
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2014, 10:39:49 AM »
Cheers Braden, and thanks Robbo

Let's move on,

Do I have this right,  if I had my pad with my playback app all up to date , masters fader up to date, that I would have no problem using the airturn module  for stop and play, this is presuming the pad is bolted in and charging, and the master fader app is running in the background, playback app on top in view.

Despite not owning a dl yet.. I still think it's the best option for the likes of me regardless of whatever the competition is promising,  the charging security advantages of the dock still mean a lot to me.

I am sure you can understand the importance of diligent research pre purchase

Cheers

Kev
Hey Kev,
I don't have an air turn module but I know Tango remote will stop after ever track if you want it too.
Can control your iPad from iPad, iPod, iPhone or whatever combo you want. It uses wifi, not sure if it can bluetooth but it's a great & solid app.
Hope this helps :)
Rob (JPF :))
The older I get, the better I was!

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2014, 10:57:59 AM »
Hi rob

Thanks mate, tango is a brilliant app considering it's free, but it's not what I want to do, I have a great playback app, you select the song press play and it plays then moves on and waits for your command before it does anything, I have bluetooth switches sewn in to my suit jacket sleeve, so I can be discreet, which looks nice, I am totally against the distraction of singers fiddling with  equipment , laptops and so on on stage.

The pad running the playback  app bolted in to a dl mixer in the dressing room behind the stage is the direction I am heading in, the quandry for me is the many technical issues, some  I see on here , will master fader and the playback app and my phone running  my fader for mic level playback level and the airturn module all play nice together?

For some down market gigs, I get stuck next to my gear, and a pad bolted to the dl by my side with me selecting songs manually is also an option. I just want to allow for all eventualities  when I eventually jump in and splash the cash.

Which will need to be before the summer of 2015, so there is no panic, I thought the x air might be my salvation but who knows when that will ever come, and I think the app looks complicated for  what I do, and hate the non charging and  non docking aspect, which I think will involve a bit of diy for rough gig security issues.

Cheers

Kev

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2014, 11:35:29 AM »
which playback app do you have Kev? I have an Airturn so I could try it with iOS8/MF3.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2014, 12:49:50 PM »
which playback app do you have Kev? I have an Airturn so I could try it with iOS8/MF3.

Hi mate, I have one of your favourites, set list maker, lol and one track, both need the app to be up front for the airturn to function

Cheers Sam

Kev

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2014, 02:07:40 PM »
Shame that, I have MF on my iPad3 and switch from it to My Lyric Book and back. It also needs to be at the front for Airturn to work, possibly because Airturn is seen as a bluetooth keyboard by the iPad.

Set List Maker didn't do what I wanted but the App store description suggested it would so I went ahead. Clearly it is well suited to your needs so, maybe, I was doing the developer an injustice. He was not prepared to offer a refund but an email to iTunes solved that problem.