Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32R Talkback bug

(1/4) > >>

tmn126:
Hi all,

I love the signal routing capabilities of this new system, but when making a few changes to the Talkback routing I found a great way to corrupt a snapshot file.

I didn't want to waste a combo jack on the talk back mic so I routed Mic Pre 16 to talkback in the Input A routing page, then routed the talkback to Aux's 1-6 (three stereo in ear transmitters) in the Talkback routing page.  After making the changes all seamed well until I decided to save the changes to my snapshot, after selecting replace and confirming I got a message stating the snapshot corrupted during the update process and that I needed to re/sync with the mixer (my connection status was now showing offline).  I was able to reconnect to the 32r, but the Talkback changes were lost both on the offline and online versions of the snapshot.  A new duplicate offline show file is also created each time this error is generated ( I ended up with about 7 after all the testing).

After a little testing I found I only get this error when working online (connected to the mixer) when saving changes to the snapshot, I was able to update the snapshot offline without errors, but then once I load that snapshot to the mixer I can no longer save changes without the error.

I spoke to the loud guys and we were able to reproduce the issue while making almost any changes to the talkback routing page both on my mixer and theirs, I'll keep you updated on their response.

Long story short, be careful making talkback changes at a show, thankfully this was just a rehearsal so no harm done.

Cheers..

WK154:
Welcome to the forum and welcome to Beta testing. This is how  it works, you find the problems and report back to the manufacturer what you found. This is done on a formal basis with companies such as Microsoft, Apple etc. or done on a shoestring like Mackie. The effort behind what to do with the input is what makes the difference. It's still an inexpensive way to QC compared to a rigorous in-house testing program.

fazmanicg:

--- Quote from: tmn126 on December 09, 2014, 06:46:34 PM ---Hi all,

I love the signal routing capabilities of this new system, but when making a few changes to the Talkback routing I found a great way to corrupt a snapshot file.

I didn't want to waste a combo jack on the talk back mic so I routed Mic Pre 16 to talkback in the Input A routing page, then routed the talkback to Aux's 1-6 (three stereo in ear transmitters) in the Talkback routing page.  After making the changes all seamed well until I decided to save the changes to my snapshot, after selecting replace and confirming I got a message stating the snapshot corrupted during the update process and that I needed to re/sync with the mixer (my connection status was now showing offline).  I was able to reconnect to the 32r, but the Talkback changes were lost both on the offline and online versions of the snapshot.  A new duplicate offline show file is also created each time this error is generated ( I ended up with about 7 after all the testing).

After a little testing I found I only get this error when working online (connected to the mixer) when saving changes to the snapshot, I was able to update the snapshot offline without errors, but then once I load that snapshot to the mixer I can no longer save changes without the error.

I spoke to the loud guys and we were able to reproduce the issue while making almost any changes to the talkback routing page both on my mixer and theirs, I'll keep you updated on their response.

Long story short, be careful making talkback changes at a show, thankfully this was just a rehearsal so no harm done.

Cheers..

--- End quote ---

I am having a hard time getting the talkback to work at all.  Routed it to Auxes 1-6 from input 32.  Nothin.  -- Everything else is working very well.  I gotta be doing something wrong, I just don't see it.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: WK154 on December 09, 2014, 07:10:51 PM ---Welcome to the forum and welcome to Beta testing. This is how  it works, you find the problems and report back to the manufacturer what you found. This is done on a formal basis with companies such as Microsoft, Apple etc. or done on a shoestring like Mackie. The effort behind what to do with the input is what makes the difference. It's still an inexpensive way to QC compared to a rigorous in-house testing program.

--- End quote ---

WK;

From your experience and the bug reports on MF3. Are these non critical issues? Because I wouldn't run a back yard BBQ at home with a DL and MF3 and rely on it until most of the bugs have been corrected. I can't imagine running a big production with a DL and relying on MF3 right now. Sure some of these can be overlooked and worked around. But I'm glad that the DL I use is still on v2.1.1 and it's working just fine. Probably one of the lucky ones.

What is your take on this? Am I just being a little paranoid?

tmn126:
Did you enable the talkback at the bottom of the Quick Access Panel (to the right of the record menu)?

Also, although you don't need the CH32 input fader turned up for the aux, you do need the aux main output fader turned up.

I tested it on CH32 XLR input and it is working for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version