Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

General Message to the Forum

<< < (3/5) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
You have to have, buy and or find equipment that suits your own needs as close as you can get. Not always what the manufacturers and the vendors say you need. In todays market that's sometimes next to impossible. 

I bought the DL because it was the only reasonably priced digital mixer that suited my needs. The mixer before the Berry X18 was not available yet and never did show up. If it was, for the features it had, I would've gone that route. The DL fit the bill exactly. Haven't really wished otherwise now finally.

I think the phrase is "What ever works for you"   :)

Wynnd:
The DL1608 meets my needs better than the MixWiz it replaced.  (Though I miss having individual phantom power controls.)  Got rid of around 100 pounds of equipment with about 9 pounds of mixer.  (Mostly the 16/4 channel 100' snake.  Wasn't using it more than once or twice a year.  Now I don't miss it at all. And fewer cables for people to trip over.)

Kev tyler:
The reason behind my rants is this, the global recession has killed Spain, I spent 2 hours setting up for a gig on Wednesday, no bugger apart from me and the staff and my folks rolled up, I didn't have the heart to take a penny although they offered me the fee, struggling out with 2ft square flight case with a 16 channel desk for one mic grates at times like this, on the other hand, my summer gigs, the stage is not mine, there are dancers entertainers and kids everywhere, you need to be able to shift your gear quick, again conventional cases are a pain especially if you have laptop perched on top in some sort of jerry built cradle, I think the dl in a little attaché case with the pad bolted in and ready to rock must be an absolute God send for you guys,

I think Berry copying the dl in the defunct x16 soon to be  x18 but not allowing for security and charging and docking is madness.

Times are hard here, I can't imagine leaving my 500 euro pad out of my site for one second, not this close to Christmas, lol

Kev

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on December 13, 2014, 10:58:52 AM ---I think the dl in a little attaché case with the pad bolted in and ready to rock must be an absolute God send for you guys,
--- End quote ---
I personally can't bolt the iPad down because of the disconnect issue - dunno if anyone's been able to operate that way?

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on December 13, 2014, 04:08:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kev tyler on December 13, 2014, 10:58:52 AM ---I think the dl in a little attaché case with the pad bolted in and ready to rock must be an absolute God send for you guys,
--- End quote ---
I personally can't bolt the iPad down because of the disconnect issue - dunno if anyone's been able to operate that way?

--- End quote ---

RoadRanger;

I’ve actually had to on occasion, run the DL with the iPad2 docked and locked for 4 school dances in one day, about 6 hours, powered up for the whole time. It was bolted down due to light fingers.(not mine) Running MF 2.1.1 and iOS 8.x. I never noticed a disconnect once. But might have missed it when I was distracted by requests for songs. And if I roam wirelessly, I wouldn't see the docked pad disconnecting even if it did.

Isn't that just like anything that acts up? If you stare at it, it won't do it, but if you look away? Or when the cat's away, the mice will play?  ;)

Sorry, probably didn't really answer your question too well.  :facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version