Author Topic: General Message to the Forum  (Read 7884 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
General Message to the Forum
« on: December 11, 2014, 12:43:08 AM »
I’ve been on this forum for quite some time and have enjoyed being here until today. I am saddened and disappointed about the verbal attacks on a certain member. We all get caught up in arguments and sometimes forget what we say. It’s normal with so many different views. But this is ridiculous. I could feel the nastiness from the words of some. As it is a forum, are we not allowed our opinions, even if we are not owners and operators of Mackie Products?

Sure, sometimes opinions can get frustrating and bothersome. But really, if we don’t like it we can surely phrase our comments to let a poster know that we are tired of a topic but keep it professional and not resort to unfriendly words. I personally have never attacked anyone for their views and comments, even when not so nice things are said to myself. I usually ignore it because it’s not worth getting frustrated or upset about it. Until today. I know that some will say that if I don’t like it, too bad and grow up. Well, no one should have to put up with negative comments like these. We are professionals, it is a shame that we forget that sometimes.

And if I have to leave the forum because of this post, so be it. 
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Kev tyler

• Knight
Re: General Message to the Forum
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:09:56 AM »
Thanks braden

You are a wise man, don't let the bullies upset you, it's just keyboard bravado .

Have a good day mate

Kev

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »
+1

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 04:36:48 PM »
I just want people to play nice  :D Including KT BTW
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:41:05 PM by sam.spoons »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »
What we really need is to share a couple few pints, get loud, and swap lies ;) .

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 05:07:57 PM »
What we really need is to share a couple few pints, get loud, and swap lies ;) .

RoadRanger;

:thu: :thu:  Couldn't agree more!  :)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 09:25:05 PM »
I just want people to play nice  :D Including KT BTW

Hey Sam

I just feel a bit cornered mate, sorry,

I am like everyone else here ,just trying to make a living in a bloody hard game, with as little heartache as possible between get in and and get out.

I want what i want, as do many others, on sites like this  we drop the occasional hint hoping the industry might at least acknowledge our desires, I didn't come here to pee anyone off. People are free to ignore my posts, it's just been down right nasty and I don't see why,

Cheers

Kev

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 09:40:58 AM »
I get that KT, the whole conversation degenerated into the unnecessarily personal. Maybe I would have responded the same way had it been me in the firing line. Nil illegitimi carborundum  8)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 10:21:25 AM »
You know Sam people used to laugh when I suggested that the market had room for a pristine low channel digital desk, well look at what is " coming soon" from you know who.

I often used to say that normal pa speakers where too big for swanky restaurants where you might be in and out in an hour, Bose offered the L 1,

They used to laugh at my constant remarks about the lack of footswitches for reverb too,  i think I have lost that battle, I don't mind people having a go at me, without the probably millions of  similar blokes chipping away at the manufacturers, we would not get anything different?

So what do you do on sites like this, kiss benos ring!? , just say nothing, if you looked at the requests page on here, people don't want the dl to work in the manner that the blokes at mackie do, they want what they want, they don't get the abuse I get though.

For goodness sake, who here can not see the potential of a 4 or  8  ch 1 u  digital mixer, even its in the rack for emergency use only. That's all I suggested in the past, however there was no mention other than the dl4  remark  in my enquiry about transport controls which if you read it was ambushed by you know who.

Anyway I would like to move on and will hopefully leave this here, appologies to anyone who was offended by my requests and little hints., it's not all I am about, I am not a troll, I am just like a dog with a bone.

have a good weekend, sam, better wrap up warm, cold wind off the Mersey heading up the east lancs

Kev

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 06:38:11 PM »
You have to have, buy and or find equipment that suits your own needs as close as you can get. Not always what the manufacturers and the vendors say you need. In todays market that's sometimes next to impossible. 

I bought the DL because it was the only reasonably priced digital mixer that suited my needs. The mixer before the Berry X18 was not available yet and never did show up. If it was, for the features it had, I would've gone that route. The DL fit the bill exactly. Haven't really wished otherwise now finally.

I think the phrase is "What ever works for you"   :)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 07:53:38 PM »
The DL1608 meets my needs better than the MixWiz it replaced.  (Though I miss having individual phantom power controls.)  Got rid of around 100 pounds of equipment with about 9 pounds of mixer.  (Mostly the 16/4 channel 100' snake.  Wasn't using it more than once or twice a year.  Now I don't miss it at all. And fewer cables for people to trip over.)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 10:58:52 AM »
The reason behind my rants is this, the global recession has killed Spain, I spent 2 hours setting up for a gig on Wednesday, no bugger apart from me and the staff and my folks rolled up, I didn't have the heart to take a penny although they offered me the fee, struggling out with 2ft square flight case with a 16 channel desk for one mic grates at times like this, on the other hand, my summer gigs, the stage is not mine, there are dancers entertainers and kids everywhere, you need to be able to shift your gear quick, again conventional cases are a pain especially if you have laptop perched on top in some sort of jerry built cradle, I think the dl in a little attaché case with the pad bolted in and ready to rock must be an absolute God send for you guys,

I think Berry copying the dl in the defunct x16 soon to be  x18 but not allowing for security and charging and docking is madness.

Times are hard here, I can't imagine leaving my 500 euro pad out of my site for one second, not this close to Christmas, lol

Kev

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »
I think the dl in a little attaché case with the pad bolted in and ready to rock must be an absolute God send for you guys,
I personally can't bolt the iPad down because of the disconnect issue - dunno if anyone's been able to operate that way?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »
I think the dl in a little attaché case with the pad bolted in and ready to rock must be an absolute God send for you guys,
I personally can't bolt the iPad down because of the disconnect issue - dunno if anyone's been able to operate that way?

RoadRanger;

I’ve actually had to on occasion, run the DL with the iPad2 docked and locked for 4 school dances in one day, about 6 hours, powered up for the whole time. It was bolted down due to light fingers.(not mine) Running MF 2.1.1 and iOS 8.x. I never noticed a disconnect once. But might have missed it when I was distracted by requests for songs. And if I roam wirelessly, I wouldn't see the docked pad disconnecting even if it did.

Isn't that just like anything that acts up? If you stare at it, it won't do it, but if you look away? Or when the cat's away, the mice will play?  ;)

Sorry, probably didn't really answer your question too well.  :facepalm: