Author Topic: My Fader V3 due in February?  (Read 2331 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
My Fader V3 due in February?
« on: December 12, 2014, 07:00:40 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/Mackie/photos/a.442237711144.218684.51279541144/10152885176856145

"Here's a quick My Fader update:
My Fader v3.0 will be shown at NAMM 2015 (January) and will be available soon after for free download from the App Store."

Wynnd

• Master
Re: My Fader V3 due in February?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 07:16:21 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Wonder how different it will look?  Probably quite a bit different than current and not very much like Master Fader 3.0.  Will probably still be volume only.  (Groups too?)  I'd be OK if they dropped access to LR.  (Not likely)  Would expect view groups.  (I love view groups!)  And should still have lock outs available.  (You need to restrict access to main outs from those using it to control their own monitor mixes.  So far I haven't had to actually lock that screen.  Hopefully I never have to distrust a bandmate.) 

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
Re: My Fader V3 due in February?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:14:06 AM »
Thanks for the update.  Wonder how different it will look?  Probably quite a bit different than current and not very much like Master Fader 3.0.  Will probably still be volume only.  (Groups too?)  I'd be OK if they dropped access to LR.  (Not likely)  Would expect view groups.  (I love view groups!)  And should still have lock outs available.  (You need to restrict access to main outs from those using it to control their own monitor mixes.  So far I haven't had to actually lock that screen.  Hopefully I never have to distrust a bandmate.)

I'd actually be disappointed if they dropped the main mix from My Fader -- in tight spaces, or when the room gets really crowded, I do a lot of FOH mixing using an iPhone 5. That's only after I get the mix well dialed in, and all I need are subtle mix changes. But, I'm thrilled that there's a announced timeframe for release -- finally!
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA