Author Topic: Hopefully Ending the Forum Dry Spell?  (Read 15078 times)

nottooloud

• Knight
Re: Hopefully Ending the Forum Dry Spell?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »
Looks like an update of the previous Yamaha app for the LS9 that have been around for quite a while.

It's the app for Yamaha's new TF series of mixers. They sort of replace the LS9 and the 01V96, while leaning hard toward Behringer's price point.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 04:36:14 PM »
Greg, you are correct as usual,
good reverbs consume gobs of resources, resources I am pretty confident that the DL mixers just don't have.
My Allen & Heath Qu series console has nice sounding reverb but still not as good as (really good) external Lexicon units.

Care to guess what gobs of resources your beloved Lex 200 had? That was the 1980s.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 10:22:25 PM »
Care to guess what gobs of resources your beloved Lex 200 had? That was the 1980s.

who knows what the consumption of resources the Lexicon uses, I do know that it has two, full sized circuit boards and they are full of ICs.
If it could be compared to Altiverb, the Lexicon 200 would be insignificant because the Lexicon does not use Impulse Response technology, which is pretty
demanding on RAM and processor useage, but by today's computer specs, Altiverb is no problem for even laptops. 

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:53:08 PM by dpdan »

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »
who knows what the consumption of resources the Lexicon uses, I do know that it has two, full sized circuit boards and they are full of ICs.

An Apple Lightning cable probably has more processing power than that Lexicon reverb. 35 years is rather a long time in computing history.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2015, 04:33:36 PM »

An Apple Lightning cable probably has more processing power than that Lexicon reverb. 35 years is rather a long time in computing history.

you could be on to something  :)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »
20 euros for a lightning cable

It must have yet to be disclosed special functions.

:)

nottooloud

• Knight

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »
20 euros for a lightning cable

It's crammed full of circuitry.

http://www.chipworks.com/en/technical-competitive-analysis/resources/blog/inside-the-apple-lightning-cable/

Nice. Amazing how much can be crammed into a cable no less. Cool. It is a Smart Cable for sure. I can see the justification for the $25.00 Canadian price tag on it. 8)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:38:48 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »
Funny

But my 3 euro cable won't charge the pad past 80 percent, and the pad won't work at 1 to 3 % whilst charging on this cable,

You get what you pay for I guess,