Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X Day is Here!

<< < (2/4) > >>

RoadRanger:
Yah, that's what having an open control protocol gets yah. Hopefully Mackie will release theirs soon.

BTW kinda interesting that the DL32R only has three (rather "meh") FX - how's that gonna compete with the eight awesome FX slots in an X32 Rack? Even the X-Air has four FX slots that you can load with all sorts of fancy-arse FX units. I was hopin' the DL32R would have 8 and they'd upgrade the DL16 to 4 but not lookin' good for that :(.

OTOH I think I can use a subgroup in a mute group to separate out the vocals and instruments feeding into the 'verb so I can mute the 'verb just on the vocals, that'll be somewhat as good as having a second 'verb :) .

WK154:
A while back (March -June time-frame) BenO ask me to hook him up with Metacom and I did. The last contact I had with him was a while ago when he stated he was under a NDA with Mackie. I haven't heard anything since. I hope Mackie is using his talents but I'm somewhat concerned that all they did was threaten him with legal action instead. A lot of his Internet stuff has since disappeared.
I bought a X32 over a year ago and don't think I'll be in the market for anymore Mackie gear. X32 is working out just fine for me (non-gig application and overkill). I have enough mixers for any small gigs anyway including the DL1608. For my weekly gig I use the system I put together with the XAP800 and working out just fine (permanent install at the rehearsal hall).

RoadRanger:
Heck, I've never seen any evidence that they are running their design ideas by an actual working general provider live sound guy. But Presonus was guilty of that too - designed for the home studio (made a certain amount of sense in their case with the multitrack recording ability).

WK154:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on December 15, 2014, 07:17:40 PM ---Heck, I've never seen any evidence that they are running their design ideas by an actual working general provider live sound guy. But Presonus was guilty of that too - designed for the home studio (made a certain amount of sense in their case with the multitrack recording ability).

--- End quote ---
If you're referring to Metacom he was a student and is a member on this forum. He had OSC running in parallel with Mandolin in the DL. Memory jog.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=672.msg6406#msg6406

RoadRanger:
No, I'm referring specifically to before MF 1.0 shipped - but also up through the present. "Uservoice" always seemed a bit silly when it's pretty easy to look at a Mackie 1604 and A&H MizWiz and start with those feature sets. When you get to the next level up (24 ch board with multiple external FX returned to channels) that's not much of a stretch from the channel count of the DL1608 - 16 XLR, 4 FX (2 stereo), 2 iPad = 22. With the additional stereo recording bus I'd insist on (and am still pushing for) that's 24 right there :) .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version