Author Topic: Can Someone Upload Master Fader 2.1.1  (Read 10482 times)

Yorgaki1

• Padawan
Can Someone Upload Master Fader 2.1.1
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:11:17 PM »
I don't know how it updated, but Master Fader in my itunes library updated to 3.0, which in turn loaded onto my 2 ipads when I last synced (to update some music), even though I have automatic updates on my ipads turned off. I discovered this last night at a dinner party. Luckily my iphone still worked as it had been used with my fader on the last gig I had. I could still control faders, which is all I needed for the event.

I did a quick search and it looks like I could delete the master fader 3.0 app from its itunes location and replace it with 2.1.1 which is what I last had (I think). If this would work in theory, would someone mind uploading 2.1.1 to a location I could download it from?? I have a few gigs before the expected(haha) my fader release date after Namm, and hate  to lose my fader until then. Please explain if I am not understanding this fix. THANKS!!!!

Actually, as I'm finishing typing, I think I know what I did. My wife has an Ipad mini which I never use with the DL, and I loaded master fader 3.0 on it to check it out. She must have synced it to itunes which updated the app in itunes. Then when I synced my 2 ipads, BAM. UGH!!!!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: Can Someone Upload Master Fader 2.1.1
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 10:20:08 PM »
That won't work, all apps are DRM linked to an individual iTunes account. I did muse on a possible workaround here http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=771.30 reply number 44.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:21:47 PM by sam.spoons »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 10:21:42 PM »
Hi Sam, I just posted your link, but you beat me to it. I deleted my post. Hope you don't mind that I wanted to repost your post?  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:23:24 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 10:22:59 PM »
Will post a more detailed explanation if required  8)

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 04:58:33 PM »
So am I to understand that since my ipad updated itself to MF3 there is no easy path to return to 2.1.1?

This is a huge issue and I'm sure I am not the only one.  i have two bands that will not be able to use their iphones to run their monitors off of for the foreseeable future.  Is there anyway out?

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 10:55:20 PM »
If you updated your iPad over WiFi and not through iTunes you should have MF2.1.1.ipa still in your iTunes library (use 'show in finder' on a Mac). If so DON'T sync your iPad, delete MF3 from the iPad and save a copy of MF2.1.1.ipa on the computer to a safe location (i.e. your desktop, Dropbox or somewhere not in your iTunes). Then, preferably, restore the iPad from a pre MF3 backup (it may be possible to just sync to the existing iTunes library containing MF2, this worked for me). If not you may be stuffed as MF3 will have replaced MF2 in your iTunes library and another  copy of MF2 will not work as they are all DRMed to each users iTunes account. If this works but you had installed the MF3 firmware on your DL then follow the Mackie procedure to install the older firmware.

workingstiff

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 04:28:22 PM »
Dear Mackie,

Don't do it this way again. Leaving users on eggshells for months with the specter of disaster hanging over a single misplaced touch of an update button is less than ideal.

If both apps aren't ready then WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 08:11:22 PM »
Dear Mackie,

Don't do it this way again. Leaving users on eggshells for months with the specter of disaster hanging over a single misplaced touch of an update button is less than ideal.

Rule number one:  Switch off auto update on your iDevices.
Rule number two: Read the extensive release notes and understand what you are doing before installing.
Rule number three: Remember rule number one again :)

The older I get, the better I was!

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 08:44:28 PM »
Dear Mackie,

Rule number one:  Switch off auto update on your iDevices.
Rule number two: Read the extensive release notes and understand what you are doing before installing.
Rule number three: Remember rule number one again :)

Further to Rules #1 and #3, make sure that auto updates are still turned off after iOS updates. I had mine off until I did one of the iOS 8.x updates. I did an iOS update on my iPad Mini, and then, about an hour later, watched in horror as a whole slew of apps updated on their own. I was not thrilled. It was like a bad Facebook or Yahoo! trick had happened to my iPhone.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

workingstiff

• Youngling
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 02:05:17 PM »
That's all well and good but when you do eventually manually check for updates all available updates get listed... even ones that will ruin your gig. Then it just sits there waiting for an inadvertent brush of a finger tip, taunting you, practically daring you....

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 07:46:59 PM »
Then it just sits there waiting for an inadvertent brush of a finger tip, taunting you, practically daring you....
LOL, I get that feeling too sometimes!
The older I get, the better I was!

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 09:39:57 PM »
Dear Mackie,

Can somebody walk me through this please.  I am a PC repair tech but have very little Mac skills.  Currently I have my ipad plugged into my Mac Book Pro via the usb - 30 pin connector.  After that I'm lost.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 06:32:06 PM »
If you updated your iPad over WiFi and not through iTunes you should have MF2.1.1.ipa still in your iTunes library (use 'show in finder' on a Mac). If so DON'T sync your iPad, delete MF3 from the iPad and save a copy of MF2.1.1.ipa on the computer to a safe location (i.e. your desktop, Dropbox or somewhere not in your iTunes). Then, preferably, restore the iPad from a pre MF3 backup (it may be possible to just sync to the existing iTunes library containing MF2, this worked for me). If not you may be stuffed as MF3 will have replaced MF2 in your iTunes library and another  copy of MF2 will not work as they are all DRMed to each users iTunes account. If this works but you had installed the MF3 firmware on your DL then follow the Mackie procedure to install the older firmware.

If you've updated to MF 3 in iTunes, but haven't emptied your trash since, you're probably still OK. Fish it out of the trash and copy it someplace else.

Gets a little tricky from here. Find Master Fader in your iTunes apps directory. Delete it. Empty the trash. Copy your old version of Master Fader into the iTunes apps directory. Inside iTunes, find Master Fader among your apps and do a Get Info. iTunes should complain that it can't find the file. Point it at your old version.

Delete the newer Master Fader off your iPad while disconnected from the computer, and then hook it up to iTunes. Install Master Fader and sync. You should now have the older version on your iPad. This will also blow away all of your scenes and presets and such, but so it goes.

Yorgaki1

• Padawan
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 01:33:42 AM »

If you've updated to MF 3 in iTunes, but haven't emptied your trash since, you're probably still OK. Fish it out of the trash and copy it someplace else.

Gets a little tricky from here. Find Master Fader in your iTunes apps directory. Delete it. Empty the trash. Copy your old version of Master Fader into the iTunes apps directory. Inside iTunes, find Master Fader among your apps and do a Get Info. iTunes should complain that it can't find the file. Point it at your old version.

Delete the newer Master Fader off your iPad while disconnected from the computer, and then hook it up to iTunes. Install Master Fader and sync. You should now have the older version on your iPad. This will also blow away all of your scenes and presets and such, but so it goes.

Excellent! I found 2.1.1 in the trash and have copied it to my desktop. The next gig I have isn't until February, so if MyFader is not out by then, I'll re-load 2.1.1. You mentioned I would loose my presets though. Any work around to save my scenes??

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 01:42:08 AM »
Think there are ways of e-mailing a backup to yourself or sending a copy to dropbox.  This doesn't work for MF2.x but you will be able to keep your MF3.x shows.  (actually, I didn't lose my MF 2.x shows when I upgraded to MF3.x  I don't worry about it much, cause I've gotten pretty good at basic setups.)