Author Topic: Can Someone Upload Master Fader 2.1.1  (Read 10463 times)

nottooloud

• Knight
Re: Can Someone Upload Master Fader 2.1.1
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 01:55:49 AM »
(actually, I didn't lose my MF 2.x shows when I upgraded to MF3.x

The only way it's going to let him install 2.1.1 is if there isn't a version on the iPad. Hence no scenes. You're right, though, he can save any 3.0 scenes for when he gets back to 3.n.

Yorgaki1

• Padawan
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 07:58:10 PM »
If you updated your iPad over WiFi and not through iTunes you should have MF2.1.1.ipa still in your iTunes library (use 'show in finder' on a Mac). If so DON'T sync your iPad, delete MF3 from the iPad and save a copy of MF2.1.1.ipa on the computer to a safe location (i.e. your desktop, Dropbox or somewhere not in your iTunes). Then, preferably, restore the iPad from a pre MF3 backup (it may be possible to just sync to the existing iTunes library containing MF2, this worked for me). If not you may be stuffed as MF3 will have replaced MF2 in your iTunes library and another  copy of MF2 will not work as they are all DRMed to each users iTunes account. If this works but you had installed the MF3 firmware on your DL then follow the Mackie procedure to install the older firmware.

If you've updated to MF 3 in iTunes, but haven't emptied your trash since, you're probably still OK. Fish it out of the trash and copy it someplace else.

Gets a little tricky from here. Find Master Fader in your iTunes apps directory. Delete it. Empty the trash. Copy your old version of Master Fader into the iTunes apps directory. Inside iTunes, find Master Fader among your apps and do a Get Info. iTunes should complain that it can't find the file. Point it at your old version.

Delete the newer Master Fader off your iPad while disconnected from the computer, and then hook it up to iTunes. Install Master Fader and sync. You should now have the older version on your iPad. This will also blow away all of your scenes and presets and such, but so it goes.

Excellent! I found 2.1.1 in the trash and have copied it to my desktop. The next gig I have isn't until February, so if MyFader is not out by then, I'll re-load 2.1.1. You mentioned I would loose my presets though. Any work around to save my scenes??

IT WORKED!! Thanks for the help fellas! The only odd thing that happened was after I right clicked and selected 'Get info' on the app symbol within 'Apps' in iTunes, and directed iTunes to the older version, the actual Master Fader icon disappeared before my eyes. I don't know why. The .ipa file still resided within the correct directory of itunes. So I dragged and dropped a copy of 2.1.1 from my desktop right into the apps of iTunes and the icon appeared again.

I highly recommend everyone that hasn't updated to mf3, copy the older versions of Master Fader and My Fader from your iTunes apps folder to a safe location, in the event you want to go back.

PAguy

• Initiate
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 01:18:02 AM »
How do you copy an app and save it somewhere?

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »
Windoze or OSX? In either case (I think) open iTunes, got to 'apps' and 'right click' on the MasterFader icon. In OSX this will give you a "show in finder" option and you can copy and paste the app into another folder/on the desktop/into Dropbox or something. In windows the option will probably be "show in windows explorer" then you can do the same to put a copy of your app safe.

The other way is to search for the app, iTunes apps have a .ipa file extension so a search for 'Master Fader 2.1.1.ipa' (or just 'Master Fader .ipa, leave spaces instead of the version number, will find any versions on your computer) should find it in finder, windows explorer or my computer.

If you have already updated to MF3 you may still have a copy of MF2 in your trash/recycle bin.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:31:24 AM by sam.spoons »

PAguy

• Initiate
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 06:27:27 PM »
OSX. Thanks Sam!