Author Topic: Time for and iPad upgrade  (Read 3019 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Time for and iPad upgrade
« on: December 14, 2014, 08:03:07 PM »
I thought OS's are supposed to get thinner with better coding technology. Apple is following Microsoft now. iOS 6 was OK, 7 a bit worse and 8 is horrible. So too laggy on my iPad 3, went out 2 days ago and bought an iPad Air 2 to go with my iPad Air. Those of you who run Yosemite probably have noticed the same. Very sad when you are forced to upgrade your hardware. I feel the reported lag on MF 3.0 is more an iOS 8 and hardware issue.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Time for and iPad upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »
Anybody seen an OS shrink in size?  I'm not aware of it.  And as far as size, functionality, speed and multi-tasking, I have yet to see anyone come close to BeOS.  Pity that Apple didn't choose to make that the core of OS X. (Almost happened before Jobs came back.  BeOS was written from scratch as a multi processor, multi-tasking OS that booted my Pentium II machine in 30 seconds.) 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 11:36:57 PM »
Anybody seen an OS shrink in size?  I'm not aware of it.  And as far as size, functionality, speed and multi-tasking, I have yet to see anyone come close to BeOS.  Pity that Apple didn't choose to make that the core of OS X. (Almost happened before Jobs came back.  BeOS was written from scratch as a multi processor, multi-tasking OS that booted my Pentium II machine in 30 seconds.)
Yes it's called Linux, Their concern was a growth in core services and still is.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 12:02:01 AM »
I thought OS's are supposed to get thinner with better coding technology. Apple is following Microsoft now. iOS 6 was OK, 7 a bit worse and 8 is horrible. So too laggy on my iPad 3, went out 2 days ago and bought an iPad Air 2 to go with my iPad Air. Those of you who run Yosemite probably have noticed the same. Very sad when you are forced to upgrade your hardware. I feel the reported lag on MF 3.0 is more an iOS 8 and hardware issue.
I always get to you after you spend your hard earned money. Time for a new leaf in 2015.
Cheers and Happy holidays.
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 12:06:45 AM »

OTOH, I tried MF3 on my iPad3 (upgrading to iOS8.1.1 in the process) and it was pretty unpleasant. Reverting to MF2 (but, obviously, staying with iOS8.1.1.... bloody Apple  >:( ) resolved the lag and all is now smooth and fast again so it may not be an iOS8 issue :)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 12:26:39 AM »
So what is the lesson here? Let a suppliers be responsible for their own product even if they decide to use someone Else's  gear. Like trying to blame Intel for bad coding.
When in doubt KISS