Author Topic: Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !  (Read 73146 times)

tmn126

• Youngling
Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !
« on: December 15, 2014, 11:25:04 PM »
Cheers,
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:40:39 PM by RoadRanger »

tmn126

• Youngling
Re: Looks like 3.0.1 is out
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 11:30:17 PM »
Installed it on a freshly restored iPad 2 (30 pin) still has the lags.  :(

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 01:10:08 AM »
Installed it on a freshly restored iPad 2 (30 pin) still has the lags.  :(

:facepalm: Wonderful. I hope it works better for you?  8)

Later today....

Thought I would try the update on my older iPad 2. First thing right out of the gate I noticed, the faders are slower to respond than in 2.1.1. I know since I was using the DL for most of the day today at the schools rehearsals, on 2.1.1 The other additions that this version adds is a real bonus for the original DL series.

Maybe it's just the older iPad 2? Not willing to put it on my newer iPad 2 until after the Xmas Concert Weds. Don't want to take a chance yet.  ;)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:59:56 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 03:08:51 AM »
Has anyone been able to try AirPlay with MF 3.0.1 update and iOS 8.1.2 that wasn't working with the original MF 3.0?

Until it's confirmed, that's a deal breaker for me right now. Not going to experiment when a pending concert depends on me using AirPlay.   :(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:12:39 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 04:10:18 AM »
Did the install
Using ipad2
Latest ios 8.1.2 and mf3.0.1
Tryed mf3 before the update: lag and difficult to get airplay working, slow in swipping switching

After the update : less to none lag, airplay working again whatever i do
Quicker swithing to eq section also quicker in swipping down
Sunday i have my next gig and try it with channels aktive
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:14:25 AM by Ampli »

Kevin

• Door #1
  • Padawan
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 04:13:45 AM »
AirPlay still not working on iPad3 with MF 3.0.1 update and iOS 8.1.2

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 05:17:58 AM »
Did anyone notice the TALKBACK button and level control that was in the drop down  where the solo, reverb and delay are located?  I saw it when I first opened the app after the update.....then it disappeared!!!!!!!
So, I speculate we may be getting a nice feature in the near future!!

tmn126

• Youngling
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 05:40:27 AM »
Did anyone notice the TALKBACK button and level control that was in the drop down  where the solo, reverb and delay are located?  I saw it when I first opened the app after the update.....then it disappeared!!!!!!!

It may have switched back to the 1608 demo after your upgrade, I still have the talkback button and level control in the drop down when on a 32r show.

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 06:00:33 AM »

It may have switched back to the 1608 demo after your upgrade, I still have the talkback button and level control in the drop down when on a 32r show.

Ahhhhhhh, I didn't rea the 32R had talkback!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 09:35:30 PM »
This will probably be a redundant question, but has anyone else here updated to MF 3.0.1 and noticed any improvements over just 3.0? Ampli is using an iPad 2 and noticed an improvement.  :thu: Wish I could've said the same thing for my iPad 2.  :(

From the various people with iPad 2's the update doesn't seem to affect each one the same way. The technically savvy members here may be able to shed some light, possibly? WK?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 10:34:02 PM »
Why is it no-one here can read Mackie's announcements? Here are the changes for 3.01. No hint of performance changes. I don't think they even test for it.
___3.0.1___
- Bugfix: iPad loses sync when second wireless iPad goes out of range
- Bugfix: App crashes when power-up DL32R with incorrectly formatted HDD attached
- Bugfix: Long song names for HDD recording on DL32R can cause a crash
- Bugfix: Crash when Access Limiting Input DSP and Input Routing and go to Output Routing Channel View
- Bugfix: Access Limits can cause some channels to be incorrectly hidden in Masters View
- Bugfix: Subs and VCAs cannot be muted on aux with "Use LR Mute" disabled
- Bugfix: Sub 6 Missing from VCA Assignment view
- Bugfix: None in mute group selector toggle-able when Multi-Select enabled
- Bugfix: Master Channel View does not respond to Access Limits
- Bugfix: Gated reverb release slider out of alignment
- Bugfix: LPF on Output PEQ's Grow and Glow graphics issue
- Bugfix: Scrolling Labels can do funky things
- Bugfix: Crash logging wasn't working. You may now be prompted to send information after a crash. Please do so.
- Enhancement: Added new reference guide pdf
- Enhancement: Radio buttons now highlight and act on release
- Enhancement: Improved stereo delay time resolution
- Enhancement: Improved labels on output patching tabs for DL32R

What does surprise me is no-one here reported a crash, interesting! ;)
For as long as I can remember someone's slow is another ones fast. That's why they invented time. ::)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 10:36:51 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 10:43:55 PM »
Right on WK. isn't it odd than practically none of these issues have been reported (that I've seen anyway) and none of the reported and more crucial issues have been addressed! I guess I'll be sticking to 2.1 for a while yet.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 12:24:55 AM »
Sure is a lot of fear of how bad MF 3.0.1 is.  It's not bad in my book and the only reason that I can see to not upgrade is if you have to have My Fader in use too.  Sure the PEQ are a bit shaky, but that's mostly used up front and not much during a gig.  There is that learning curve, and you will need some time to get used to it, but holding off is just putting that off for another day and you still need to do it eventually.  OK, for those of you that are using the earliest version of ipad, you don't have the option of upgrading without spending some more cash.  That's my take anyway.  Happy Holidays to all. 

jlb

• Padawan
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 02:25:34 PM »
PEQ not being used much during a show? This is crazy talk. PEQ is one of the most important tools in professional live mixing. The degraded PEQ function I have experienced with the move to MF 3 is nothing but terrible.

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 03:22:29 PM »
PEQ not being used much during a show? This is crazy talk. PEQ is one of the most important tools in professional live mixing. The degraded PEQ function I have experienced with the move to MF 3 is nothing but terrible.
+1