Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !

<< < (21/35) > >>

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on January 23, 2015, 03:46:50 PM ---I would also agree that a DL lite would be a solution as long as they make it known that the white noise problem has not been eliminated.

Most those who would revert back to that program would understand this since they have already lived this nightmare. New users buying a DL should be advised of the problem or instructed that the V-3 is best if used with the new ipad  that have the better processor.
Educating the user of the possible ups and downs BEFORE they download is the critical part.

I can tell you that my preliminary test last night of the DL1608 with an Ipad Air 2 proved that the V-3 worked flawlessly with this Ipad. There was zero lag and fast opening of screens.  I only used music playing thru the channels to try it.
I will be doing more extensive testing with it tonight, with mics and instruments.     

--- End quote ---

Hey Rdmitch;

I agree with you 100% And am glad that the IPad Air 2 preliminary test on MF 3.X showed no lag so far. Mackie says they're trying to tweak the software to help with the lag, but I have a very sneaking suspicion that it really won't get resolved. If there's some improvement that would be great. Gotta give them a chance I suppose. Either that or have to look around for a good deal on an iPad Air 2.  :eek:

Good luck with the rest of your tests!  :thu:

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on January 23, 2015, 11:22:08 AM ---I'm one of seveal people who have suggested that MF2 be made available, I think it was me who suggested 'MF lite' as a name. I've just posted on the DL Facebook page asking if there is a good reason why this is not possible. In my view the cost of doing MF lite would be minimal as they already have MF2 and it wouldn't ever need updating other than minor fixes for iOS version changes. If anybody wants to add a comment https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mackie-DL-Series-User/440051199417992 it can only help the Mackoids see the sense in the suggestion.

--- End quote ---

Yes - Sam - I loved your idea! I will go to their site and make the same suggestion.

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on January 23, 2015, 03:46:50 PM ---I would also agree that a DL lite would be a solution as long as they make it known that the white noise problem has not been eliminated.

Most those who would revert back to that program would understand this since they have already lived this nightmare. New users buying a DL should be advised of the problem or instructed that the V-3 is best if used with the new ipad  that have the better processor.
Educating the user of the possible ups and downs BEFORE they download is the critical part.

I can tell you that my preliminary test last night of the DL1608 with an Ipad Air 2 proved that the V-3 worked flawlessly with this Ipad. There was zero lag and fast opening of screens.  I only used music playing thru the channels to try it.
I will be doing more extensive testing with it tonight, with mics and instruments.     

--- End quote ---

MF2 works flawlessly on my iPad 1. I never had the "white noise" problem, nor did the other 6 people that I know locally that use the DL. We just want to keep using it the way it was, a good, solid working unit.

Keyboard Magic:
Just played around with the updated QSC Touch Mix App 2.0.23 and it works very well on my old iPad 2. No lags like MF 3.X on the same iPad. Everyone seems to be getting it right so far. Except for you know who. Lets hope the next MF update is the ticket? I'm sure they will get it working smoother.

I know MF 3.X has a lot going on, but the QSC App isn't uncomplicated from what I've seen of it either, even though it's an update too. I'm probably comparing Apples (no pun intended) to oranges, but this app (QSC) and others seem to be playing well with iOS 8.X. I did actually read your post WK to Wynnd on Jan 22.  ;)

Wynnd:
Maybe it's very easy to look at another company's app for 30 minutes and say that it's perfect while working with Master Fader 3.x for hours and say that the slight lag makes it totally crap.  (It's not.)  I suspect that the competition isn't perfect and you would have to work with it for longer periods of time to find out what bothers those users.   (And I don't want anyone suggesting that products that aren't on the shelf are perfect.  They're not on the shelves because the manufacturers already know that they aren't perfect yet.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version