Author Topic: Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !  (Read 74135 times)

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2015, 11:56:28 PM »
if your not storing tons of music and apps, a 16g is plenty for mf3 and costs less to buy. Plus the chances of finding one used on eBay are better.

Your never to old to learn something stupid

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2015, 12:08:11 AM »
if your not storing tons of music and apps, a 16g is plenty for mf3 and costs less to buy. Plus the chances of finding one used on eBay are better.
The 16 GB iPad 2 I use docked has 2500+ songs on it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:09:49 AM by RoadRanger »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2015, 12:11:22 AM »
The 16 GB iPad 2 I use docked has 2500+ songs on it.

There's a very slight chance you'll run out of tunes.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2015, 05:18:05 AM »
Just got the iphone 6 with 64 GB.  Putting most of my music there and leaving the ipads for practice music and OnSong along with Master Fader.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2015, 03:17:10 PM »
Just got the iphone 6 with 64 GB.  Putting most of my music there and leaving the ipads for practice music and OnSong along with Master Fader.

Nice.  :thu: 64GB? That should be enough storage, hopefully.  :laugh:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »
Not sure if I could put all of my music on there, but I've done a lot of stuff for my Annual Senior's variety show and there are a lot of clips, karaoke, and sound effects on my MacBook as a result.  (This is year number 9 for me.)   There really is so much crap in itunes that attempts to seriously clean it out might take hours or days.   I liked my iphone 4S and have kept it to be a monitor mix control.  (Whenever Mackie releases My Fader 3.x)   I like the 6.  Setup for fingerprint ID and while I've setup Apple Pay, I have yet to use it.  (Mostly use my debit card from the Credit Union.)  And I can control my hearing aides from it as well.  I'm starting to setup location specific hearing aide settings.  We have a number of restaurants that we frequent and the restaurant setting really kills off the background white noise.  Basically when we get close to a setup location the hearing aides change settings.   Pretty functional and wasn't available on my ipad mini and the hearing aide app didn't work at all on my 4S.  (Makes more sense with a phone that you generally keep on the body whenever you're wearing the hearing aides.)  The only issue I'm having with it is that when I make a call it wants to broadcast straight to my hearing aides.  My hearing loss in all in the high frequencies and that is nearly unintelligible as there are no lows.  Gotta figure out a way to lock that out.  (Might be one of those things that others might be asking for too.)   Should look for an appropriate forum for that.  That's enough rambling for this morning.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2015, 05:25:48 PM »
Wynnd:

It’s absolutely fantastic that we can use this technology to make our lives better. But we sometimes have to jump through hoops to get it to that point. But it is getting better and easier, I think. The hearing loss in my left ear is a bit more than my right, but for the most part I can get by without hearing aids. And it’s all high frequencies too. I haven’t done anything about my hearing, I think, out of pride. A guy thing. Never wore earplugs back in the days. We were just to cool and never thought we'd have problems in our late 40's and on. Tinnitus started in my 40's Now pushing 60 and kicking my own behind.  :facepalm:

I am waiting for hearing aids that can make sound as good and as perfect real ears do. I don’t know if that’s possible and it may take a lot longer to happen, maybe not in my lifetime, though. I guess some research is required on my part. It’s so cool that you can use a smart phone to work with your hearing aids. Wow. And by the way you’re not rambling as far as I’m concerned. Very interesting and very close to home too.  :thu:

frede

• Youngling
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2015, 12:45:36 AM »
Looking for a little help. It appears that both of my iPads (2 and 3) were updated to Master Fader V3.0.1 when I wasn't looking. Tried using it, but... So anyway today I turned on my iPad mini and lo and behold it still has version 2.1.1 on it. How do I go about downgrading my DL1608 and the other two iPads?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2015, 02:15:26 AM »
Looking for a little help. It appears that both of my iPads (2 and 3) were updated to Master Fader V3.0.1 when I wasn't looking. Tried using it, but... So anyway today I turned on my iPad mini and lo and behold it still has version 2.1.1 on it. How do I go about downgrading my DL1608 and the other two iPads?

This is my post on going about downgrading. Read this first. Then you will have a back up of MF 2.1.1 stored in iTunes on your computer and can down grade your other iPads too. (delete MF 3.X from them first)

http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=795.0

Then you can dock the mini or regular iPad with MF 2.X to the DL, either directly or using an adapter cable.The DL will then do a firmware "update" to match the version of MF (2.1.1 in this case) on your iPads.

Read the whole topic, there's a lot of good stuff from other forum members there too.

I hope it's not too confusing for you? My fingers are crossed for you!  :)

frede

• Youngling
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2015, 04:36:42 AM »
Thanks! Worked perfectly  8)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2015, 01:15:42 PM »
Thanks! Worked perfectly  8)

You are more than welcome. Excellent!

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2015, 10:54:08 AM »
OK, so we've established that the ipad2 and original mini are slow, the ipad3 is hopeless and the Air2 works fine. Can we fill in the gaps? Anybody using mini 2 and 3, ipad 4 and air to give us their experiences?
I posted this last week and no one has replied with any info. Is everyone running older ipads like me? I would love to know how MF3 runs on a 4 or an air as I'm going to have to upgrade my 3 soon if things don't change.
I intend to stick with MF2 for work but i updated my ipads to MF3 to see how bad things were. Interestingly they finally managed to update MF in my itunes when I wasn't paying attention, so I thought I'd do a search on my mac for master fader. I have 3.0.1 in itunes/mobile applications and the trash, 2.1.1 where i tucked it away for safety and in the trash and 1.3 in itunes/itunes media/mobile applications, thats a lot of faders!

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2015, 12:13:59 PM »
OK, I'm running an ipad 2 with 16 GB and also an early ipad mini.  (non-retina display)   I'm running Master Fader 3.   Yes there is a noticeable lag in the channel PEQ modern mode.  I don't consider this a major problem.  I've seen bad lags in other programs running on very marginal hardware and this isn't it.  I also don't do much with the PEQ during a gig.  The faders on the other hand get used quite a bit and I don't see any lag there.  I wouldn't go back to MF 2.1.1 even if I could.  (And I've got enough backups of my computer which backs up my ipads to actually do that.)   There are a few screens in MF3 that I don't use and consider unnecessary, but others might find them useful.  Overall, I like the update and it works for me on my current ipads just fine.  And for those screaming it's unusable because of the lag, either they're experiencing something much worse than I am or they are just looking for something to complain about.

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2015, 12:26:51 PM »
OK, I'm running an ipad 2 with 16 GB and also an early ipad mini.  (non-retina display)   I'm running Master Fader 3.   Yes there is a noticeable lag in the channel PEQ modern mode.  I don't consider this a major problem.  I've seen bad lags in other programs running on very marginal hardware and this isn't it.  I also don't do much with the PEQ during a gig.  The faders on the other hand get used quite a bit and I don't see any lag there.  I wouldn't go back to MF 2.1.1 even if I could.  (And I've got enough backups of my computer which backs up my ipads to actually do that.)   There are a few screens in MF3 that I don't use and consider unnecessary, but others might find them useful.  Overall, I like the update and it works for me on my current ipads just fine.  And for those screaming it's unusable because of the lag, either they're experiencing something much worse than I am or they are just looking for something to complain about.
Wynnd you don't have an ipad3 otherwise you would change your opinion. It is catastrophically slow on the modern eq but also at changing pages (around 2 seconds but more the first time you open them), the original ipad mini is not so bad but bad all the same. The thing is I was worried before buying the 1608 that the lack of faders and buttons would be unacceptable. This proved not to be the case as the app was so responsive. This is no longer true.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2015, 12:33:06 PM »
So you are experiencing something much worse than I am.  On the other hand, if someone built an attachable or bluetooth fader rack for it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  I see the advantages of physical faders and there are many times when I want them.  (That allows me to keep my eyes on the stage while easily keeping my fingers on the faders.  Something very hard to do with virtual faders.) 

Understand that I was asked about my experience with particular ipads and replied for myself.  (And not anyone else.)