Author Topic: Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !  (Read 73144 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 04:09:40 PM »
I certainly read the bug fix list before downloading MF 3.0.1 to play around with. All these improvements were obviously needed, but if the lag remains for some, the update really doesn’t help a whole lot in that particular regard. If Mackie doesn’t test for it, one can hope that the lag will just disappear all by itself with the next update patch.

Or if it does have to do with an overall faster iPad (CPU) all the iPad 2 owners would have to buy new iPads (rather expensive proposition) or just stay with MF 2.1.1. Which for myself would actually be just fine. The DL worked 100% at last night’s Xmas concert. Couldn’t have been more pleased with it. If I get stuck not being able to update, I will happily use the DL until it has to be retired or myself, whichever comes first. The only thing that might of helped would be Trim adjustment. But still not a real big deal for me.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:00:38 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

tmn126

• Youngling
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 06:07:29 PM »
Why is it no-one here can read Mackie's announcements? Here are the changes for 3.01. No hint of performance changes. I don't think they even test for it.
___3.0.1___
- Bugfix: iPad loses sync when second wireless iPad goes out of range
- Bugfix: App crashes when power-up DL32R with incorrectly formatted HDD attached
- Bugfix: Long song names for HDD recording on DL32R can cause a crash
- Bugfix: Crash when Access Limiting Input DSP and Input Routing and go to Output Routing Channel View
- Bugfix: Access Limits can cause some channels to be incorrectly hidden in Masters View
- Bugfix: Subs and VCAs cannot be muted on aux with "Use LR Mute" disabled
- Bugfix: Sub 6 Missing from VCA Assignment view
- Bugfix: None in mute group selector toggle-able when Multi-Select enabled
- Bugfix: Master Channel View does not respond to Access Limits
- Bugfix: Gated reverb release slider out of alignment
- Bugfix: LPF on Output PEQ's Grow and Glow graphics issue
- Bugfix: Scrolling Labels can do funky things
- Bugfix: Crash logging wasn't working. You may now be prompted to send information after a crash. Please do so.
- Enhancement: Added new reference guide pdf
- Enhancement: Radio buttons now highlight and act on release
- Enhancement: Improved stereo delay time resolution
- Enhancement: Improved labels on output patching tabs for DL32R

What does surprise me is no-one here reported a crash, interesting! ;)
For as long as I can remember someone's slow is another ones fast. That's why they invented time. ::)

I did read the release notes for the update, I guess I was just hoping that maybe one of the bug fixes and or product enhancements might also effect the performance.

Don't get me wrong; I really like the new MF3 when I'm running it on my ipad Air 2 with the 32r for the most part it seams very solid and I love the new features.  Unfortunately though I am looking to now sell my 1608 with the ipad as the 30pin ipads are no longer sold.  Mackie may be willing to have their name on a poorly performing piece of equipment, but I am not.  I wouldn't feel right selling the mixer to a another band and friend if I don't believe its 100% and with the slow page loads and laggy PEQ I don't believe it is.

Thankfully though, I remembered I have a 1608 running 2.1.1 at a fixed install and I was able to head up there last night and get a copy of 2.1.1.  I was able to downgrade and now I feel comfortable selling the 1608 to another band.  As others have stated it would be nice if Mackie had both versions available on iTunes, so if we decide to stay loyal to the brand when upgrading we can feel confident selling our old gear.

Cheers,

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 06:22:09 PM »
PEQ not being used much during a show? This is crazy talk. PEQ is one of the most important tools in professional live mixing. The degraded PEQ function I have experienced with the move to MF 3 is nothing but terrible.

Same here. They need to fix this, or offer updates that restore 2.x. I'm really glad I did not update, and up until now I've been a huge advocate for the DL series mixers. This problem has to be resolved or I will be looking at another product.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 07:57:02 PM »
All those people buying new 806s and 1608s won't have much of a choice. Automatically stuck or not stuck with MF 3.0.1 I guess it's all how you look at it too. If you don't know about these little bugs it probably won't affect you in any way. Of course, unless you're a member or lurker on this forum.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »
Thankfully though, I remembered I have a 1608 running 2.1.1 at a fixed install and I was able to head up there last night and get a copy of 2.1.1.  I was able to downgrade and now I feel comfortable selling the 1608 to another band.  As others have stated it would be nice if Mackie had both versions available on iTunes, so if we decide to stay loyal to the brand when upgrading we can feel confident selling our old gear.
Sorry to pee on your parade - but as soon as you wipe your account off of the iPad you'll lose V2.1.1 . As it's DRM'd to your account you can't ever load it into an iPad not on your account.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 10:57:17 PM »
Just tried the X Air App on my older iPad 2 and there was quite a bit of fader lag just like running MF 3.0.1. In this case I’m leaning towards an overall lack of horsepower on my older iPad 2 to run these apps. This is with any background apps closed and only MF and or X Air running, one at a time.

MF 2.1.1 is as smooth as silk. The faders respond almost instantly to touch. As long as I have a backup of MF 2.1.1 in iTunes, it may worth loading MF 3.X or the X Air App on the newer iPad 2 to compare.

Of course it may just be the older iPad that is not up to snuff, even though both pads have the same internals.  :)

tmn126

• Youngling
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 05:20:50 AM »
Sorry to pee on your parade - but as soon as you wipe your account off of the iPad you'll lose V2.1.1 . As it's DRM'd to your account you can't ever load it into an iPad not on your account.

Hi RR,

So I restored the iPad and set it up as a new iPad without an account, I then loaded MF2.1.1 which is working well.  I then set the iPad up on a friends iTunes account, the app is still there and working well.

Is there something I am missing as to why it shouldnt work?

Doesn't appear to be any trace of my account on the iPad.  Now that I think of it, when I did my last dl1608 install I initially used my account to download the apps, then it was switched to a new account after the install with no issues.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 01:53:28 PM »
Well, maybe it only applies to paid apps - I thought it was all apps? Your iPad isn't jailbroken I assume?

Interesting, in that case anybody should be able to roll back if they can "find" a copy of the old app ;) .

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 02:39:51 PM »
If anybody wants to try it PM me and I'll send you a link to my MF2.1.1.ipa
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:23:01 PM by sam.spoons »

tmn126

• Youngling
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 06:01:57 PM »
Well, maybe it only applies to paid apps - I thought it was all apps? Your iPad isn't jailbroken I assume?

Interesting, in that case anybody should be able to roll back if they can "find" a copy of the old app ;) .

Nope, not jailbroken.  I hope it works for others, I imagine we'll find out fairly shortly.

Not sure why Mackie doesn't just offer two versions on the App store.  I have seen several app designers do this in the past when they decide they want to make their already paid customers buy something new; Djay and Tango are good examples although Tango finally caved to the nasty reviews and gave it to us as an update.  You would think it would just make good business sense to offer both until you get the bugs worked out and MyFader 3 finished.

Cheers,

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 06:12:36 PM »
I'm all for two different versions on the app store.  Also, Mackie's latest version is so good, that a fee for the upgrade would be OK for me.  (Think it would have to be over $20 to bother me, though I'd probably pay $50 and grumble.)    So for all those people avoiding upgrading because it isn't perfect, if it were perfect, how much would you be willing to spend.  (a 30 day free trial would be appropriate to see if you wanted to live with it.) 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 07:22:24 PM »
Not sure why Mackie doesn't just offer two versions on the App store.  I have seen several app designers do this in the past when they decide they want to make their already paid customers buy something new; Djay and Tango are good examples although Tango finally caved to the nasty reviews and gave it to us as an update.  You would think it would just make good business sense to offer both until you get the bugs worked out and MyFader 3 finished.
Kinda amusing aside - when Tango came out with the new version they made the old version free with the caveat that it was buggy with the latest iOS. Those of us that grabbed up the old version for free eventually got the new version for free :) . I'll often grab something when it's free even if it's not immediately useful to me but at least somewhat interesting, sometimes later updates make them useful :) .

tmn126

• Youngling
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 08:17:19 PM »
Kinda amusing aside - when Tango came out with the new version they made the old version free with the caveat that it was buggy with the latest iOS. Those of us that grabbed up the old version for free eventually got the new version for free :) . I'll often grab something when it's free even if it's not immediately useful to me but at least somewhat interesting, sometimes later updates make them useful :) .

I wasn't so lucky, paid $5 for Tango and $20 for djay 1.  Although both have been worth every penny, and I did finally get the Tango update for free.  Wow, if you ever want a shock look back through your iTunes reciepts  :o  Between music and apps I could have bought my DL32r  ;) maybe two..

tmn126

• Youngling
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 08:28:54 PM »
I'm all for two different versions on the app store.  Also, Mackie's latest version is so good, that a fee for the upgrade would be OK for me.  (Think it would have to be over $20 to bother me, though I'd probably pay $50 and grumble.)    So for all those people avoiding upgrading because it isn't perfect, if it were perfect, how much would you be willing to spend.  (a 30 day free trial would be appropriate to see if you wanted to live with it.)

I think the free product updates and new features are what keep a lot of us loyal to Mackie and the DL's.  I have no need to look elsewhere as long as I keep getting little presents from Mackie in the app store from time to time, and I do love MF3 on the air 2.  :)  If I had to pay for them I might spend a little more time shopping the competition.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »

I might pay up to $50.00 for it, if all that money from everyone who owns or buys a DL was going into R&D. How many would really pony up that kind of money after spending anywhere from $600 US for an 806 to $2000 US for a DL32? Sure $20-$50.00 isn’t much in the general scheme of things, if you’re budgeting gear money and working with said gear on a regular basis, $50.00 isn’t too hard to lay down.

If you’re working occasionally, up to $50 is a little harder to justify for software that’s necessary to run your gear. All name brand computers have the O/S installed, which is included and part of the purchase price, unless you decide blow it off and install from scratch. Then you have to buy it. Obviously MF cannot be installed on every iPad everywhere before you buy the iPad.  We are lucky that Mackie and the other digital mixer manufacturers make their front end/control apps free.  :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:56:23 PM by Keyboard Magic »