Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !

<< < (33/35) > >>

Wynnd:
Think you should be meaning the Manual.    RTFM is what you tell people who want you to explain everything so they don't need to read the manual.   That said, I obviously read the entire manual when I purchased the mixer in Sept 2013.  I've skimmed a lot of manuals recently.  MF 3.x manual, Toyota Sienna manual. (Got a new car after our other Sienna got totaled.  No one hurt.)   I'm pretty good at finding information when I need to find it.  (And remember that the PEQ lag doesn't bother me at all.)

WK154:
Ok so I found an unrecoverable hour to install MF3.01 on iOS7.1.2 just to see for myself what all this slowness was about. Compared to 2.1.1 it is slightly slower on Modern EQ. This is on a iPad 3 with iOS7.1.2. Tested both offline and online which added maybe a bit more delay but it was hard to tell. This is not as slow as the U-tube demo demonstrated. I use a pen anyways and did not get the overshoot. Reading the scales is another story, in short it sucks. Then there's someones bad joke at Mackie with the overview screen, really faders without control!! Defeats the whole purpose, what a waste of time. >:( While I was there I looked at the files on the iPad and there has been a major consolidation of PNG files. The raster screen building blocks. Now at about 90 instead of the 790 previously. That's UI changes to accommodate the DL32r or otherwise known as DL3214.  Some interesting other observations to be posted on another topic stay tuned. Current draw is up a bit by about another 150 mA. Blackfin code is triple the size ? iOS 8.x will probably make the response even slower but I'm not going there yet.
Correction the png files are there and more (not 90) just now in sub-folders.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 01, 2015, 04:07:33 AM ---Think you should be meaning the Manual.
--- End quote ---
That's what I said, the "Really Terrific Friendly Manual" ;) .

pytchley:

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 01, 2015, 07:00:35 AM ---Ok so I found an unrecoverable hour to install MF3.01 on iOS7.1.2 just to see for myself what all this slowness was about. Compared to 2.1.1 it is slightly slower on Modern EQ. This is on a iPad 3 with iOS7.1.2.

--- End quote ---
That's interesting, my lamentably slow ipad3 (cellular 16) is on ios 8.1.2, never had ios 7 as I was on ios 6 when I updated to MF3. Could this be most of the the problem? Might as well try 8.1.3, nothing to loose. Why the hell can't we backtrack on os's like on a computer?

Wynnd:
RTFM means Really Terrific Friendly Manual??????   I used to do computer support and that's not what we thought it meant.  I have a T-shirt with it on it.   My Wife and I used to joke, that it's not a career, it's a wardrobe.  (We attended so many user groups.  Linux, Windows, Internet, Novell......  Seemed like there was a meeting twice every week.)  Eventually certified as a CNA for Netware 4.11 and had an A+ too, but that seems years ago.  (Bailed on IT in May 2000.  Guess it has been a while.)   While I don't mind messing with computers, I don't ever want to do it as an occupation ever again.  Way too stressful for my tastes.   (And seeing that I'm about 3 months short of being able to collect Social Security, it is just not something I would even consider now.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version