Author Topic: Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !  (Read 74108 times)

stevegarris

• Knight
Re: Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2015, 09:45:46 PM »
I'm keeping 2.1 on mine until something new is released or Mackie confirms the fix. I'm prepared to keep it this way indefinitely if I have to, as I really don't care about most of the upgrades, and I love the modern EQ.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2015, 11:27:14 PM »
I am still confused as to how there are such different experiences from different users of MF3. Either we all have very different and significant tolerances or there is something more fundamental going on with software clashes, etc. Would be great if we could all get together and see if we are all experiencing the same thing

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2015, 01:39:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure that while our general experiences are similar, that the PEQ modern channel lag is either very different or our acceptance of it is very different.  At least the white noise issue appears to be completely gone.  (And the world is a better place.)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2015, 02:41:23 AM »
The white noise issue was never an issue for me in particular. After reading about it here, quite a while back, I decided never to tempt fate, especially in a performance setting. I always use an iPod Touch for audio playback either connected directly to channels 15 & 16 in stereo, or through AirPlay. But the white noise problem should never have happened just the same, out of the gate. Thank goodness this issue disappeared with MF 3.x though.  :thu

I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s not actually MF 3.x with the issues. I’m leaning towards a lack of processing power in the older iPads. I think Wynnd mentioned a while back that MF 3.x is a total re design from the ground up and quite possibly just requires more CPU / system RAM to run smoothly. And the older iPads cannot handle it. I may be just talking absolute poodoo here, but that’s my impression. I’m sure the more tech savvy members will be able to explain this better than I can.

It is quite interesting that there are quite different experiences on the same hardware/software to quote ijpengelly. I'd be interested to find out too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:47:28 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2015, 03:21:31 AM »
I still think the problem is In the program. The PEQ delay and slowness to open up various functions did not occur with the older version. 
Now I realize the new program may require more processing power but many have this same issue with newer iPads too.  I for one, have 3 iPads that experience this problem. The newest is a iPad mini2 that i have tried undocked. 
While I can deal with it thanks to vintage eq., I am more upset that Mackie has yet to acknowledge the issue and let us out here know there is a effort being made to find a resolution. I find it becoming harder to continue singing the praises of the system when the mfg. is ignoring an obvious problem.
Of course we all still await my fader 3 so we can have our iPods and iPhones back on line.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2015, 03:20:08 PM »
I hope this is addressed too, but it should wait until at least MyFader 3.x is out and running.  While it might be interesting to know how many programmers Mackie is using, I know enough about programming to know that things don't go as smoothly as desired.  (Ben O was hoping to have My Fader out before 2015.  That obviously didn't happen.)  It helps to limit the number of issues being addressed when attacking problems.  I don't see the Modern PEQ lag as the top priority until MyFader is released.  After it's release, it might jump to the top of the pile.  There is that issue when attempting to improve performance on a specific section of a program that you might cause other problems.  Gonna be some very soft stepping there.  Be patient and let Mackie get it right.  Hopefully by 2016 this problem will be forgotten.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2015, 03:31:29 PM »
I still think the problem is In the program. The PEQ delay and slowness to open up various functions did not occur with the older version. 
Now I realize the new program may require more processing power but many have this same issue with newer iPads too.  I for one, have 3 iPads that experience this problem. The newest is a iPad mini2 that i have tried undocked. 
While I can deal with it thanks to vintage eq., I am more upset that Mackie has yet to acknowledge the issue and let us out here know there is a effort being made to find a resolution. I find it becoming harder to continue singing the praises of the system when the mfg. is ignoring an obvious problem.
Of course we all still await my fader 3 so we can have our iPods and iPhones back on line.

Thank you Rdmitch for opening my eyes. If this is going on across all iPad models new or old, albeit a small or bigger number, this is a Mackie issue. I know that there are some here that it’s a non-issue for and that’s great. I’m fairly certain there are others out there not on the forum that are having the same problems.

Hi Wynnd,

I just read your post after I posted mine on this topic and had to revise. You make a lot of sense and I do agree with you. The hardware platform is quite good and if we are all patient, hopefully Mackie will get it right, sooner rather than later, though. The lag is not a deal breaker, but rather a frustration that for some, including myself is not a good thing. I'm lucky that I can still stay on v2.x. I think that if I had just bought a new DL, I wouldn't have even realized there was a problem. And of course never read anything about any issues on the forum.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:44:26 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2015, 05:54:47 PM »
I'm curious if anyone is using a iPad air 2 and not having any issues.
Each iPad version uses a different processor and the iPad minis use either the A5 or A7 chip
But the new iPad air 2 uses the A8 which is claimed to be faster.

Just curious

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2015, 07:08:23 PM »
The GEQ lag has seemed to be ipad model independent.  I've seen more complaints about the more recent models.  I have an ipad 2 and an ipad mini.  (earlier model.)  And while I can see the lag, it's not bugging me.  (might just be my personal approach to this board and PAs in general.)   I believe in having a system that is quite flat and I don't do much channel GEQ adjusting.  And when I do make changes, it's always before the performance begins.  While I'm sure it's not perfect, it's very functional and I can live with functional.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2015, 07:25:30 PM »
The "lag" might be mostly on the Retina models (post "2" and "original mini") as those take a lot more computations to do the graphics?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2015, 09:29:13 PM »
The "lag" might be mostly on the Retina models (post "2" and "original mini") as those take a lot more computations to do the graphics?

From what this link shows: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/specs/apple-ipad-mini-retina-2nd-gen-a1489-wi-fi-only-specs.html

There is more system memory, to supposedly support the retina display? It should do the trick, but maybe not enough memory? Am I in left field here?

And this link shows the iPad Air 2 system memory and CPU specs.  http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Apple-iPad-Air-2_id8948

This should be more than enough to run MF 3.x smoothly? Out in left field again, I am ? But unless you are in the market for a new iPad, or rolling in money, it's an expensive solution to be able to run MF 3.X as it should run. And if it does run better on the iPad Air 2, too?

Just looked up the CDN price for the iPad Air 2, just picking myself up off the floor... $549.00 before tax. OMG  :eek: And that's the 16GB model too.  :o
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:39:08 PM by Keyboard Magic »

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2015, 12:08:24 AM »
It's hard to figure out if the added processing power if needed for the retina display, or if there is more processing to help apps run better.  I would like to find someone with an iPad air 2 and try it to see what happens.
They tout the new A8 chip as faster and better for graphics.
The original iPad air is a A7 (same as a mini2) but supposedly has better architecture was th the 64 bit.

You can get a iPad air, 32 GB for $ 450.00 new at any Walmart.  eBay for $ 300.00 (USD)
The air2 is about the same price for the 16 GB.

I only wish mackie would help give the direction to go. I'm not buying another iPad (unless I sell my others first)
I don't have enough gigs booked for this year yet to warrant  any expenses, March thru Sept. are my money making months and hopefully by then the problem will be resolved.
Also you need the Lightning adaptor kit to make it a permanent install.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2015, 12:11:33 AM »
Hopefully we'll hear more from Mackie after (or during?) NAMM ...

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2015, 12:32:48 AM »
Thumbs up to that 🔉

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
Patiently waiting in eager anticipation.  ;)