Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !

<< < (15/35) > >>

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 18, 2015, 07:25:30 PM ---The "lag" might be mostly on the Retina models (post "2" and "original mini") as those take a lot more computations to do the graphics?

--- End quote ---

From what this link shows: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/specs/apple-ipad-mini-retina-2nd-gen-a1489-wi-fi-only-specs.html

There is more system memory, to supposedly support the retina display? It should do the trick, but maybe not enough memory? Am I in left field here?

And this link shows the iPad Air 2 system memory and CPU specs.  http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Apple-iPad-Air-2_id8948

This should be more than enough to run MF 3.x smoothly? Out in left field again, I am ? But unless you are in the market for a new iPad, or rolling in money, it's an expensive solution to be able to run MF 3.X as it should run. And if it does run better on the iPad Air 2, too?

Just looked up the CDN price for the iPad Air 2, just picking myself up off the floor... $549.00 before tax. OMG  :eek: And that's the 16GB model too.  :o

Rdmitch:
It's hard to figure out if the added processing power if needed for the retina display, or if there is more processing to help apps run better.  I would like to find someone with an iPad air 2 and try it to see what happens.
They tout the new A8 chip as faster and better for graphics.
The original iPad air is a A7 (same as a mini2) but supposedly has better architecture was th the 64 bit.

You can get a iPad air, 32 GB for $ 450.00 new at any Walmart.  eBay for $ 300.00 (USD)
The air2 is about the same price for the 16 GB.

I only wish mackie would help give the direction to go. I'm not buying another iPad (unless I sell my others first)
I don't have enough gigs booked for this year yet to warrant  any expenses, March thru Sept. are my money making months and hopefully by then the problem will be resolved.
Also you need the Lightning adaptor kit to make it a permanent install.

RoadRanger:
Hopefully we'll hear more from Mackie after (or during?) NAMM ...

Rdmitch:
Thumbs up to that 🔉

Keyboard Magic:
Patiently waiting in eager anticipation.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version