Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

dl1608 digital trim

<< < (2/4) > >>

iwerica:
so, for my question, is it possible that i put all gain knobs at 12o'clock and than adjust it on digital trim? last time i was late on gig, and i had no time to try it, so i put gains like i usually do for all 16 chanels, as i remember from my latest gigs, and leave digital trim to default(like before v3.0). but i am trying to find way to recall all settings(with gains) so i dont have to check every time gain knobs for every channel

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: iwerica on December 18, 2014, 05:18:05 PM ---so, for my question, is it possible that i put all gain knobs at 12o'clock and than adjust it on digital trim? last time i was late on gig, and i had no time to try it, so i put gains like i usually do for all 16 chanels, as i remember from my latest gigs, and leave digital trim to default(like before v3.0). but i am trying to find way to recall all settings(with gains) so i dont have to check every time gain knobs for every channel

--- End quote ---
IME vocal mics generally work fine with the gain at noon - even before V3. However you'll have some channels that can't be turned up that high - possibly keys, kick, bass amp DI, iPod. I just check my settings from the last show - all are at noon except for the first six channels which are set below that - kick, floor tom, rack tom, snare, bass, and keys. Those would all be OK at 10 o'clock except for the bass amp DI which is at 8 o'clock :( .

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on December 17, 2014, 11:32:01 PM ---Why don't dl users just use a simple program to bring the overall level of MP3 s on the pad down to an acceptable level?

--- End quote ---

If they did, those same MP3s would be way too quiet to play anywhere else. You need about a 10dB drop to get decent fader travel on the iPad channel.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on December 19, 2014, 06:18:27 PM ---You need about a 10dB drop to get decent fader travel on the iPad channel.
--- End quote ---
While I don't really need to, I am running my trims at -12 on the iPad channel just because I can.

nottooloud:
Got my iPad trims pulled all the way down here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version