Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Simplify the manual

(1/1)

Renoman:
I find the manual difficult to understand so I have been making some self tutorials so I can get things together more quickly. I also make them black ink on white paper which is easier to see on a dark stage. If anyone has similar sheets please put em up so we can all get it more quickly. I really need help with saving stuff and starting a new mix for a different band.
Mackie DL1608 Internet connect
1.Mixer off, CAREFULL, even with the Channels muted you can still get a nasty pop. Best to turn the volume on the mains and auxs down before cutting the juice.
2.Plug in the router and connect the Ethernet cable, wait till it fully boots [about a minute].
3.Start the mixer.
4.The ipad should be on.
5.Set the ipod on the mixer, boot the mackie app.
6.Go out of mackie and into settings/wifi/check "Mackie mixer" or whatever name you have chosen for your mixer.
7.Boot Mackie app again and push the little wheel [tools]in the top right of   the screen.
8.There should be a “wired” connected DL1608 showing.
9.Remove the ipad from the mixer.
10.At this time press the “wireless” DL 1608
It should be connected for off mixer use!

Wynnd:
The manual sometimes confuses me, but I've seen very bad manuals that i had to reread every time I needed to do something.  Mackie did much better on this manual.  It's not perfect and will need an update soon.  Hopefully, no one at Mackie will think this an excuse to forget about My Fader 3.x .

sam.spoons:
Power on/off sequence, always turn the power amps on last and turn them off first. In both cases leave at least a minute between them and anything else in the rig.
My DL power on sequence is :-
1, plug desk/router in (this powers the router as it's in a box with the desk sharing single IEC connector)
2, wait 1-2 mins then switch on DL1608 (iPad un-docked and off)
3, wait 1 min then dock iPad #1 (iPad will now power itself on)
4, start MF and go to settings and check DL1608 connected 'wired' (it usually is but if not tap to connect)
5, go to WiFi settings on iPad #2 and check connection to "My DL1608" then start MF, check in settings "wireless DL1608" is connected.
6, wait at least 1 min then start switching on FOH and monitors (I use all active/powered cabs).

Powering off:-
1, mute all channels/outputs (usually, not every time) and save show on both iPads.
2, switch off all powered cabs
3, wait at least 1 min then switch off DL1608.

I usually set the desk up first then go through the power on sequence while wiring the FOH and monitors (so I'm not standing around waiting for the router/DL/iPads to boot), prove the system with some music from the iPad then rig mics and DIs as required. I also rig power cables first, signal cables next and mic/DI cables last, de-rigging in the reverse order (and I coil my mic/signal cables 'under & over' plug the XLRs together and secure with a velcro tie..... a well coiled cable is a thing of beauty  :))

Renoman:
Can anyone tell me how to save a show then start a new show for the next band then save that? Just 1,2 3,4 please.
Also, this is my board with numbers I can see!

sam.spoons:
Goto shows>store snapshot then tap on the new snapshot button to name it. Then tap the button for the snapshot you want to recall. I don't use shows but if you need to then select the show you want in 'offline shows' and follow the above procedure to save or recall the snapshot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version