Author Topic: Which Ipad works best?  (Read 1982 times)

troy mcclure

• Padawan
Which Ipad works best?
« on: December 21, 2014, 12:03:55 AM »
Excuse my ignorance but I am about to take the plunge again, ( I had a DL1608 for about 2 weeks and my band broke up so I returned it).
Is there any Ipads that work better or worse with the DL1608, any difference between the 30 pin and the 9 pin.  I am starting from scratch so I can go either.

Thanks, I lurk here often

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Which Ipad works best?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 06:50:41 AM »
I like that the lightning connector isn't keyed for insertion only one way.  the 30 pin can only connect one way.  You will need at least an ipad 2 to run Master Fader 3.x  If you plan to have the mixer a long time, get the newest ipad you can afford.  (for longest upgradability.)  Note that My Fader 3.x isn't available yet.  (Hopefully in Feb 2015.)  Note that all ipads, iphones and ipods (WiFi only.) have to have the same version of Master Fader and My Fader.  (As the mixer will update to that version of firmware.) 

Note that docked ipads should be fully charged before attaching to the mixer.  (There are issues that occur if attempting to recharge while mixing that don't happen when fully charged.)