Author Topic: Android Controller for DL1608 Video  (Read 6588 times)

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
Android Controller for DL1608 Video
« on: December 24, 2014, 06:04:21 PM »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Android Controller for DL1608 Video
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »
Smoke and Mirrors ;)

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 08:26:25 PM »
 Looks like a sort of vnc connection

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »
It would be enough to please some people.  I agree that an Android version would be good.  But I'm thinking that the issues with ios upgrades are probably much worse with Android.  I come from an era where Apple products were NEVER backwards compatible.  It was one of the reasons that MicroSoft took off.  You didn't have to throw away every program you had purchased just because you upgraded hardware.  It was nearly Apple's OS 9.1 before you started having serious backwards compatibility and they had a bump when they decided to stop supporting the Power PC processors.  (Lost two pieces of software from that.  Was able to upgrade my DAW for only $100.  It had some serious functions that I was using a lot.)  I would rather there was a computer interface instead.  When I need to play a CD, I've taken to using airplay and my MacBook Pro. Would be nice to have all the controls in one place.  Just a thought, but considering what happened with Linux, why wouldn't Mackie or a different manufacturer not want to put the information out there for someone else to develop a better interface. 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »
You're not making a lot of sense, quit nipping. Some of us never learn from their mistakes (Apple). What do you mean by "I would rather there was a computer interface instead."? "What happened with Linux", meaning what? Linux like any industry standard will eventually be considered the norm. Applications is what will be the key to the future of computers, even M$ recognized that fact with Office etc. The amount of resources expended on Linux dwarfs any single co.'s efforts, not Google, Apple or M$.
Happy Holidays.  :)
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 02:05:31 AM »
First of all.  I'm recovering from the flu and the brain isn't running on all cylinders yet.  The Linux mention was in reference to the way the Linux and the GNU projects were developed out of house.  (With public licenses)  I'm fine with the ipad interface.  Would like a MacBook or even a Windows interface too.  (Macs run Windows so well.)   Hope I don't sound too whiny.  I'm finally able to be awake for more than a couple of hours.  (Lost 4.5 pounds.  Not a good way to lose weight.) 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 04:03:48 AM »
Hope your feeling better tomorrow. What a way to spend Christmas. I am using a H2O2 therapy to avoid all those nasty bugs. Works like a charm.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 05:54:56 AM »
I'm assuming that you're using it topically and not internally.  Merry Christmas.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 03:37:01 PM »
I'm assuming that you're using it topically and not internally.  Merry Christmas.
Imbibing rocket fuel, what could go wrong x( ?

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 06:22:03 PM »
He's using Veency, a VNC server for jailbroken iDevices.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 06:38:53 PM »
Interesting.  Wonder what kind of problems it could add?   

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 09:36:56 PM »
Not the poison you get in the supermarket. Additives to "preserve" it are poison. There is an industry that uses food grade H2O2 regularly called the food industry. Besides all over the world except in Big Pharma (USA) country prescribes it. Need to travel more. :) It's a supplement to H2O or drinks (non-chlorinated). Couple of drops of 35% H2O2 in 6 oz.. Kept in freezer to retain strength.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 09:41:06 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
Interesting.  Wonder what kind of problems it could add?

More lag, more chance for dropped connections simply because the chain is longer, and also your remote is susceptible to dropped sync between the iPad and the dock. Might be an alternative to waiting for My Fader for someone. It's not independent control in the way that another iPad running Master Fader is, though. It literally controls the screen of the server iPad. They mirror. It does have the advantage that you can start and stop recording from the remote, which is a feature Mackie hasn't given us yet.