Author Topic: How I transport my DL  (Read 8093 times)

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
Re: How I transport my DL
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 07:09:01 PM »
Here's mine:

First the mixer, power supplies, and a 30-pin-to-Lightning adapter go into one of those silver padded cases (that's had extra padding added):

The another piece of padding, and the router, ethernet cable, and power cable go in:

Finally, it, and all the rest of the PA, go into the back of a Hyundia Elantra Touring (i30, for those on the Eastern side of the pond):

There's still room for my keyboard rig, if the gig were for my own band. I don't have a sub loaded in, but I could probably fit one. For tonight's gig, the bass player's bringing the sub. As you see it, there are two main PA cabinets, four monitor wedges, mic and speaker stands, two cases of mics, a big box-load of cables, amp rack, the DL, a smaller case with iPads, my heavy-duty power distribution, and ... a spare Mackie CFX20 mixer.

Yeah, all of that is stuffed into that little car with room enough left for two keyboards, a keyboard stand, and my effects pedal board. Plus, there's still room for a passenger!
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 08:06:58 PM »
Eh Up Geren, you're stealing my thunder here lad

That's a 2006 VW Golf Diesel hatchback (a VW Rabbit on your side of the pond... WTF were they thinking of  ::)) The rig is EV sBa750 sub, 2 x QSC K12s 3 x Yamaha DXR10s, Mackie DL1608, enough mics, cables, stands etc to do a 5 piece band and (very) basic lights. Still room for a couple of acoustic guitars and a passenger or I can take a couple of extra monitor boxes and more lights.....
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:11:14 PM by sam.spoons »

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 03:29:56 PM »
I finally got some pictures of mine.  I like mine all in one carrier including the snake and extension cable.  Plus I want it small with nearly zero foot print.  I am using the Gator bag I had originally bought for my Presonus 16.0.2 may it RIP with it's new owner.

Chris

redwood

• Padawan
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »
After looking around a bit and not wanting to spend $100-$150 for a hard case, I decided to make my own.

I used a vintage suitcase - one of many I've had for years for carrying cables, pedalboards and such. I removed the lining from it and replaced it with some packing foam that some servers came shipped in. I used a bandsaw and box knife to cut the foam as nice and straight as I could. Used hot melt glue to mount the foam.

There's space underneath for airport router, 2 power supplies and cables. Works well, and was cheap.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 05:08:32 PM »
Nice but it still has to be setup right?  Mine is all ready to go right down to the snake and the bag is under $100.

redwood

• Padawan
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
True but I never need a snake for my purposes. Thought about leaving everything patched in and ready to go, and I may still go that route, but for now this works for me.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
I understand and I hope you know I was just commenting not being rude  :thu:.  If it were me I would try and leave it wired up.  Time is money so to speak.  The nice thing about my rig is that there is enough room on the right side to slide my ipad in and out when I need to, especially if charging.

redwood

• Padawan
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »
No worries, and no rudeness perceived at all.

My production rig (I do live sound at a local listening room 3-5x/month) is setup much the way you describe, but in a rolling rack, everything all patched, snake coiled up in the bottom for exactly the same reasons. My DL rig is mostly for rehearsals and gigs where I run sound and play, although I may start doing some other sound gigs where I mix wirelessly, leaving the DL onstage. We'll see.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 06:00:47 PM »
I don't leave my snake attached, but my wireless receivers and outputs are attached.  (Small mixer rack case.)  If I used the snake more consistently, it would be left attached and coiled up in back.  (Really should do a wiring clean up job in that case.  It's a mess and I hate having a mess.)

Renoman

• Youngling
  • Loud and Clear
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »
Little flight case and a pillow off the couch, I use these for a lot of my gear - wheels MAN- you can't beat wheels, note also the blind old Bass player numbers. Does Mackie not realize that most stages are dark and most players have had maybe one drink?
Lighter gear, fewer wires, everything on wheels!