Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32R Gotchas

(1/2) > >>

Michael Welter:
Hey, everyone. I'm new here. I just got my DL32R yesterday, and set up a small sound system in my living room, so I could learn it. Imagine how delighted my wife is.  :facepalm:

I got a iPad Air 2 with 64G of memory, and the Apple Airport Extreme router. I'm using MF 3.0. So far, I'm having a great time. I'm impressed with how responsive the system is, and how good it sounds.

My question: Are there any gotchas that I should be aware of?

Wynnd:
Only one I can see is that with the Airport Extreme, you can't use Airplay.  You don't actually need it, but some of us have gotten used to it and the only Apple unit that does it now is the current version of Airport Express.  (Which also handles 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands at the same time.)

As far as sound goes, I suspect that most of us can't hear the difference between different boards.  More of a case of bigger differences in the way people set things up than in actual sound.  So any good board can sound good. I've got a DL1608 and love using it.  Mostly I'm controlling from a wifi ipad mini while my ipad 2 is docked. 

So Happy new mixer day!!!!   Have fun.

Michael Welter:
Thanks, Wynnd. I'm new to the Apple world, so I'm not familar with AirPlay. I picked up an extended range Bluetooth receiver, and have tried it with my laptop and iPad, and it works well with both. It's not uncommon with my gigs for someone to walk up and ask me to play a CD for their performance. So using my laptop is handy for that.

Wynnd:
Airplay on the Airport Express is WiFi from itunes.  (Including on a PC laptop.)  You can use an iphone or ipad and also audio out from any Apple product or itunes.  The Airport Express has a stereo audio output that you can run to stereo inputs or powered speakers.  Works pretty well with the DL mixers.  (As long as you have two available channels that aren't needed elsewhere.)   Pretty sure the Bluetooth should be OK too.  Like I said, nobody needs Airplay.  I had my mixer for nearly 6 months before I found out about it.  (Yes, even I was able to live without it.)  I would love to hear how things go when you take your PA out.  Enjoy!

James91104:
This is available as well for AirPlay ; https://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version