Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Used the DL32R For First Time New Year's Eve - My Overview/Review

<< < (3/9) > >>

Rdmitch:
I've hooked up a outboard behringer FX processor to the 1608 and mixed the  wet signal back in on one available channel.
It works but was more of a pain in the neck than in was worth.  I now just make do
with the built in processor and tweek the presets.  At least with the new software you can save these for future recall.

Glad to see another northern Ohio person here on the forum.

dpdan:
takis,
I feel your pain and completely agree about the reverb quality.

Please watch the video I put on youtube that shows exactly how I use an external reverb unit.

It is in the back of the rack and always patched in and out and I never even think of it being there.

http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=787.0

Dan 

takis:
First off George.. Kalh Xronia! - Happy New Year....

Second...  You are correct about the no Gating for the output AUX channels where the mix is going to speakers...  All I was trying to state is that the default case, from what I recall, needing some tweaking.. maybe not the Gate, but the Compressor, for sure.

Third, I reviewed your vidoe for installation of an external unit...  Thanks for taking the time btw...  But I still have a few questions...  I see how you use an actual channel for input and the 1 AUX for return.  But, how do you hookup things in software to use the reverb across all channels, like an Aux channel...  This you did not show...  Or are you using teh effects unit for just one channel.  Thanks

dpdan:
Hi takis,
I much prefer my old $4,800.00 Lexicon 200 "reverberator" too but the TC is good enough. I use the TC because I got it for nothing from a friend and second, because it can provide two different effects simultaneously.
I use aux 9 for the send to the first processor and aux 10 for the second. I set both reverbs so that they were to my liking and saved the preset. I set the first processor (aux 9) for a normal reverb with a medium size room and reasonably short reverb time. The second processor input gets aux 10. The second reverb is a much larger room with longer reverb tail for ballads. The reverb has left and right outputs and both effects are present on this common stereo output which feeds channels 31 & 32.  I link channels 31 & 32 and leave them turned up for the entire show. I use a mute group for aux 9 and another one for aux 10,.... aux 9 is labeled verb (lower case letters) and aux 10 labeled VERB (upper case letters) This keeps the name short. When I want normal reverb I mute aux 10, when I prefer a much larger reverb, I mute aux 9 and unmute aux 10. I never need to mess with the reverb and it just sits in the rack as if it wasn't there. Works great.

takis:
Thanks for the better explanation...  But from what I understand with the way you are doing it, is that you cannot adjust the amount of reverb per channel, per vocalist.. in other words, the same amount o reverb would be used for each cahnnel using that reverb.  That will not work for me at all, because each vocalist uses a differnet amount of reverb.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version