Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Headphone amps for in ear monitors

(1/5) > >>

Renoman:
How can I make em work? I've tried several including a new Beringer Powerplay P1 which has 2 XLR ins for the option of stereo, which I won't be using, there's a mono switch. My cable out from Aux is a TRS 1/4" to XLR, works fine on my powered monitor [JBL eon]. Very Mysterious!

musicman7722:
In my case you can use trs or ts guitar cable out.  i can run these into small mimi mixers and the Rolls personal monitor devices as well as an IEM unit such a s Senn G3 that I use.

Fluddman:
I use a Behringer P1 and it works fine with my DL1608. I mainly use mono and it definitely works with a TRS to XLR cable.

Must be something wrong with the cable.

Cheers

sam.spoons:
The P1 has only XLR inputs and should work fine with a TRS>XLRM cable. If the inputs to your headphone amp are TRS stereo (like the jack input on my Berry MA400) then feeding it from a TRS balanced output will not work.

Oddeotek:
I'm using a P1 with mine as well, in mono mode, and it works just fine. If your powered monitor works with the cable you're using, perhaps there's a problem with the P1. Have you checked to see if the P1 responds to any other input source? You could use the main LR output or the DL1608 using regular XLR to XLR cables to test it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version