Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Headphone amps for in ear monitors

<< < (2/5) > >>

WK154:
Since the wonderful manual is lacking lots of info as does your question, here is one convention that may trip you up. Which input are you using? L is the convention for mono input. Depending on how the circuit is made using R in may not work. The pan control may only split L&R earphone volume and have nothing to do with the input L&R in mono mode. So what's broken?

Renoman:
Thanks for all the help fellas. This brand new P1 had barely enough room for the 9v battery and when I installed it I was getting both green and red lights indicating a voltage drop [new battery tested good on my checker] so I took out the battery and in the process severed both red and black battery lines, as I said, it is crazy tight. No matter, hooked up a 9v PS and still red and green lights. I assume that the unit is faulty since I checked all the cords every way conceivable so back she goes.
Any suggestions on a better head phone amp?

musicdan:
I've been running in ear monitors directly out of the DL1608 for 2 years now. The DL1608 doesn't need an amp because it has enough power out of the aux sends to drive IEM's will enough juice to blow your ear drums. Give it a try, you'll be impressed!
I've tested this beyond 100' with no apparent signal loss.

I'm hoping the new DL32R has the same output power to directly drive IEM's without an external amp.

I made my own in ear cables. Female 1/8" Jack with the LR soldered together to send the same signal to both ears. 1/4" male plug on the other end.

Renoman:
Sweet! I tried it with a TRS into the aux and the phones plugged into the  1/8 stereo converter on the back of the 1/4" TRS plug. Everything should be in stereo, short cords and ---no sound.
I'm sitting beside this rig trying everything I can. Checked the shure head phones, tested the aux on a powered monitor. It must be something simple???

sam.spoons:
For that to work you need a special lead, male TRS jack at the desk end to a female TRS at the headphone end. The crucial mod is that the ring at the TRSM desk end is connected to the screen at the TRSF headphone end and the tip only at the Desk end is connected to the T&S at the headphone end. The screen at the desk end MUST be left unconnected.

You could make a stereo lead to drive the headphones from two aux's, ask if you need the spec for that adapter lead (but a 2 x TSM to 1 x TRSF lead would work).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version