Author Topic: a seemingly new tactic  (Read 9563 times)

audiopile

• Preferred Vendor
  • Padawan
a seemingly new tactic
« on: May 16, 2010, 09:56:47 PM »
Is it just me & my computer, or does a 2 - 3 minute click through on *HCSR old school forum* seem to be the norm? 

*The HCSR blue screen forum is what I call it.*
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:58:59 PM by audiopile »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: a seemingly new tactic
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »
Is it just me & my computer, or does a 2 - 3 minute click through on *HCSR old school forum* seem to be the norm? 

Seems to work OK at the moment but does get slow sometimes - but it was always like that, no?

audiopile

• Preferred Vendor
  • Padawan
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 01:08:43 AM »

Seems to work OK at the moment but does get slow sometimes - but it was always like that, no?

Seems to have suddenly speeded way up... all-most instantanious now.  Just like magic, and I don't recall it ever being that fast.

I wonder what changed?

<10 minutes later>

Well... that was fun while it lasted, as it's back to it's regular speed as of late (minute... 2, 3, 4... to load a screen).

Interesting thing:  This site always loads at the same speed (being "pretty fast").  Point being:  I don't think the problem is on "this side".
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:34:11 AM by audiopile »

axisplayer

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 02:27:48 AM »
Usually only takes me 3-5 seconds a page to load anything there. what sort of connection do you have Mark? I use Cox Comm, my cable provider.  Not as fast as service at work, by any means, but not bad compared to the times you are seeing.....

audiopile

• Preferred Vendor
  • Padawan
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 04:31:47 AM »
Usually only takes me 3-5 seconds a page to load anything there. what sort of connection do you have Mark? I use Cox Comm, my cable provider.  Not as fast as service at work, by any means, but not bad compared to the times you are seeing.....
The internet connection we use is a local wireless network.  I just ran a speed test, the bandwidth was 880 kbps.

BillESC

• Preferred Vendor
  • Padawan
  • President of Entertainment Systems Corporation
    • Entertainment Systems Corporation
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 11:55:15 AM »
I have the same problem from time to time, several minutes to load a HC page.  Other times it's one to two seconds.  I use Metrocast and have fiber optic cable to the building.
Thanks,

Bill ESC

Entertainment Systems Corporation
Innovative production services since 1973
800-582-2421
bill@entsyscorp.com

monthlymixcd

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • Rink Rash is Sexy. Support Your Local Roller Girls
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 02:28:32 PM »
For the most part pages load OK for me on either site (now that I have the Ad-Killer setup for the 2.0 site) but trying to post a message or reply on 2.0... fugettaboutit! The editor hangs nearly every time. Actually let it do it's thing once to see how long it actually took and it was somewhere in the realm of 7 minutes to load the editor. (Using Google Chrome 4.1.249)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 02:35:42 PM »
For those who missed it Craig Anderton has also given up on HC 2.0 :
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2614768

... so I don't think we're seeing anything but the normal HC 1.0 occasional constipation. Hopefully this means they will be splitting off the forum into a "normal" up-to-date version of the same forum software HC 1.0 runs on now and providing adequate hardware, bandwidth and management to have it run smoothly :).