Author Topic: Disappearing Shows  (Read 3284 times)

DigtheDL

• Youngling
Disappearing Shows
« on: January 03, 2015, 06:25:06 AM »
I bought a DL1608 when they first came out.  Took awhile for everyone to warm up to it but now the others musicians I play with, and our soundman, would not go back to the Mix Wizard, rack and snake.  The DL works really well and we use it on an average of once a week with two different bands.  I really haven't had any issues with it.

However, since we use it with two bands we do save a lot of shows at several different venues. I always save the mix at the end of the night as a Snapshot on the Shows page while the system is still on and I take a picture of the Gain settings so I can duplicate them next time we use that Show.  For several months now some of the recently saved shows have been disappearing.   Sometimes after a show disappears it will show back up in a couple of weeks, but most likely it won't.  I thought that maybe I has to many Snapshots (I was up to about 16) so I went in and deleted about half of them.  The next week when I pulled up MF at a show the ones I deleted were back and some of the most recent ones I had saved were gone.

I've never tried to backup my IPAD but it's getting frustrating not having these previous shows to pull up.

Has anyone had similar problems or any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Disappearing Shows
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 01:24:29 PM »
Might be a good time to take a photo before putting it away.  In my case, there seem to be extra shows being added.  But because I having been documenting it, I'm not really sure.  Will try to keep better track.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 01:25:24 PM »
Might be a good time to take a photo before putting it away.  In my case, there seem to be extra shows being added.  But because I havn't been documenting it, I'm not really sure.  Will try to keep better track.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 09:48:22 PM »
I've experienced similar problems when saving shows, or when docking my iPad to a different DL. One thing I recently discovered, on the Shows page, you are selecting from the "Current Show" tab. Notice that there is another tab at the top, labeled "Offline Shows". There will be unnamed shows there, and when you load them you will get a group of previous shows loaded. Perhaps you already know about this but I was surprised. I have yet to look at the manual to see how these are designed to work, but I was able to retrieve a show from there that I thought was lost.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 11:30:01 PM »
I think you presently have to load a snapshot to find out when it was created - that makes it really hard to look through your shows and snapshots to see what they are :( .

cliffthorne

• Initiate
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 10:02:58 PM »
I too have had issues with extra shows being created. Upon saving a song to an existing show, using Mf v3.0.1 for the first time, I found three extra shows, unnamed, had been added to the offline shows list. One show contained the song I had saved and would open while the other two shows would not open. I have not had the opportunity to use/test  the DL1608 since but will this week. I will post details of any oddities if they occur.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 11:09:06 PM »
I take a picture of the Gain settings so I can duplicate them next time we use that Show.

If the gain isn't straight up noon, I write the gain into the channel name as a clock time.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »
I take a picture of the Gain settings so I can duplicate them next time we use that Show.

If the gain isn't straight up noon, I write the gain into the channel name as a clock time.
Great idea!
The older I get, the better I was!