Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

channel crosstalk

(1/5) > >>

paulfrench:
Anyone else experienced this?: audio signal from one channel is showing up on another meter on the mixer. The level shown on the improper channel is minimal. I'm pretty certain that this is a physical rather than software issue as it happens with adjacent channels on the DL1608. By that I mean audio from keyboard channel 15 "leaks" into vocal channel 5. At first, we thought the mic just needed a shock mount, but later found that this signal crosstalk happens even with the vocal mic unplugged.

Wynnd:
Extremely low levels of crosstalk might be normal.  What you seem to be describing doesn't sound normal.  Call Mackie, but you might want to try resetting the mixer first.  If that doesn't work, it might be a bad mixer and need to be replaced.

paulfrench:
Thanks for the reply. I just updated to the latest Master Fader, which prompted the firmware update. Would the firmware update have done a reset as you recommended?
I'll have to put some signal through the mixer to test it out tonight.

WK154:
If you can believe the Mackie specs (I don't) on the DL1608 you should not see any signal on the adjacent channel. Crosstalk is rated at <-120 db and the meter scale is stated to be -90 dB (implied dBFSC) at the bottom. That leaves 30 dB before you should see anything. This is measured with the input signal of 1 Khz. Not clear if adjacent channel is shorted (pin2-pin3 on xlr ) or just open. You either have a lot of RF or a defective DL.

RoadRanger:
The crosstalk between a used channel and one that has nothing plugged into it can be quite high and this is normal. Having a proper impedance device plugged in lowers the crosstalk from other channels bigtime.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version