Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

channel crosstalk

<< < (5/5)

paulfrench:
Well said Greg C.: "non-problem problem".

When a potential bride tells us she didn't book because she and her mother noticed the crosstalk issue, I'll start to be more concerned. That's not happening.

WK154:
Since I don't have MF3 running I can only speak about MF2. Mackie has a habit of messing up meters so until I install MF3 I can't give you values on my mixer. The real estate used to display this is totally out of proportion especially for something that Mackie claims has only 3 points that are valid. Here is the link to MF2 measurements.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=636.msg5512#msg5512
They may have changed the meters on MF3. The accurate way to find out what if any significance this has on your sound system is to measure it with a RMS meter and as Greg pointed out may well be below hearing levels. The accepted threshold is -80dBu (in critical listening but not in live sound environments where you're lucky to have a noise floor of 60dB SPL) which of course means  that it's not just a mixer issue but a complete sound system problem. Muting the test signal and listening to the other channels is of course the quickest way I know how to check any relevance to this. Ears do come in handy at times.

Greg C.:

--- Quote from: paulfrench on January 06, 2015, 07:03:59 PM ---Well said Greg C.: "non-problem problem".

When a potential bride tells us she didn't book because she and her mother noticed the crosstalk issue, I'll start to be more concerned. That's not happening.

--- End quote ---

The metering on my Avid Venue stops at -60dB. That 20dB difference down to -80dB is a substantial amount of added resolution. Quite honestly, it's not good for much except demonstrating the shortcomings of the mixer  :police:

paulfrench:
looks like the meters in MF3 go down to -100

i did see meter activity slightly above -40, but it was inaudible even with the headphone at max, and faders at max.

WK154:
This all comes down to the gain structure of all your equipment were the idea is to have all the max's aligned and the noise floor fall's were it may and in live sound it's usually well below your room noise floor. This was mainly to see if your equipment had a fault.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version