Author Topic: Untimely DL1608 Firmware Updates  (Read 11304 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Untimely DL1608 Firmware Updates
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 02:58:13 AM »
So far I've only had to edit one title for clarity - no prob :) . Ya wanna see chaos - on one major live sound forum all X32 discussion (all hardware versions - consoles and racks) is a single looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong thread :o .
So we have to be stupid as well?
If someone that actually owns a DL32R wants a separate subforum for it I'll entertain it if they can come up with a valid reason :) . We're waaaay ahead of that X32 single thread mess I described by having 443 threads vs 1 (so far).
They cover a whole lot more ground than X32 if I think who you mean.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 04:36:36 PM »
I checked Apple's App store rules and the lame thing only handles one binary per entry. That means that all "which mixer" am I running on decisions are made in the code unless Mackie has a workaround and only downloads the code for each separate DL. In any case the MF has to be one binary and also makes the same decisions; how lame or can you say sloooooooow. ::)
When in doubt KISS

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 11:03:38 PM »
As much as I'd like to discuss X32 at least they have one code base with minimal exceptions based on missing hardware. If Mackie has a single bin with tests as to which hardware their running on I'd probably believe it  :o. I can see a conditional compile but that's it.

XAir takes a separate and way more limited iPad app. Who knows how much commonality there is.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 06:44:34 AM »
Wow, this went off topic pretty quickly and wasted almost a complete page arguing over forum layout, not exactly helpful for the original poster.

Perhaps some more details about Billmacd's situation would be useful. Was it version 3.0 that you had on your iPads and that updated to 3.0.1 whilst you were away from the venue? Do you have automatic updates enabled on the iPad? 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 07:37:22 AM »
As much as I'd like to discuss X32 at least they have one code base with minimal exceptions based on missing hardware. If Mackie has a single bin with tests as to which hardware their running on I'd probably believe it  :o. I can see a conditional compile but that's it.

XAir takes a separate and way more limited iPad app. Who knows how much commonality there is.
X Air is a different mixer line than X32's five models.
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 07:09:02 PM »
IMO the X-Air's iPad app is way cooler that the one for the X32 - but until they actually give us the fully working version (with a manual) we'll not know if anything was "left out". Oh, and its way cool how they handle DCA's but good luck finding it without a lot of research and luck :o .

Some particularly cool features:
You can re-order the faders (like put them 1768923 if you want).
You can shrink them down so you can see and operate all 16 at once.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:12:56 PM by RoadRanger »

PeterKorg

• Padawan
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 02:25:32 PM »
I suggest to set ipad not to automatically upgrade apps, (note that latest versions default to automatically update)

Then make sure you tell your band mates with iPads to only update when told to.

Cheers

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 04:42:41 PM »
My 1st gig with the DL 1608 last night and yep...firmware update freeze.  No one's fault by mine.  I have been lurking here a long while , even owned a DL1608 for a week and my band broke up so it got returned before I opened it.  I got my new one this week for my new cover band .  I set it up at home on Thursday and Friday.  Get the gig and wire every thing.  The guys are excited just doing mic checks they have decent monitor mixes.   I go to slide the main slider and the whole screen starts freaking out. 
I am a dope.  We wait 15 minutes while it tells me it is updating and it freezes.  I can't remember the force instructions, so out comes a simple analog mixer, I wire up the vocals and kick drum and we play.  It is a 2 nighter, so I am hoping for some redemption tonight.
I thank the audio Gods for this forum.