Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Wireless microphone drama

<< < (8/8)

Fluddman:
Ok so last night I was able to use another iPad air. It was slightly better than my usual one but no where near as good as the older ipads.

So can only conclude that iPad air doesn't reject RF as well as iPad 2 does.

I will go to Apple with this problem but I am not expecting a great response.

It will be a PIA to have to keep using the old iPads - the weight is significant when you hold one for three or four hours.

Cheers

WK154:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on March 07, 2015, 01:11:50 AM ---Ok so last night I was able to use another iPad air. It was slightly better than my usual one but no where near as good as the older ipads.

So can only conclude that iPad air doesn't reject RF as well as iPad 2 does.

I will go to Apple with this problem but I am not expecting a great response.

It will be a PIA to have to keep using the old iPads - the weight is significant when you hold one for three or four hours.

Cheers

--- End quote ---
This doesn't make much sense if you can use the same iPad without issues at home. Sorry to say but you have another problem.Maybe one of your band mates is bringing it to the table (phone or other electronic gadget).

Fluddman:
Yeah it doesn't make a lot sense.

All I can think of is that I must have very little rf noise around my place compared to venues.

For the last couple of weeks I have been testing before I power any of the pa or lights up. So it's not my gear causing the problem.

If there was another problem why would the older iPads work just fine?

Cheers

WK154:
Time for a spectrum analyzer. Software such as  https://www.acrylicwifi.com/en/wlan-software/wlan-scanner-acrylic-wifi-free/
for a PC or something equivalent for Mac. Unfortunately iPad locks out such tools. Android has them as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version