Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Wireless microphone drama

<< < (2/8) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on January 19, 2015, 10:50:17 AM ---Ok - this is really weird.

Just set up at home and its working perfectly. Could it somehow be venue specific??

I hate inconsistent problems  :(

--- End quote ---
This is where a frequency analyzer comes in handy. My recommendation for anyone using wireless mics is to get one unless they're already part of the wireless setup (high end products). I suspect that since your iPad is cellular that you had it on (easy to test for) and with a bunch of other phones at the venue plus possible TV and other transmitters in the area you didn't stand a chance. Cell receiver overload can have interesting effects on them say nothing of the iPad software trying to service it, yes they have some protection but it's not unlimited. The frequencies involved may be IMD products which requires software to help you stay clear of problems.

Scott Waldy:
Is moving up to the 5Mhz band an option? Just a thought.

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: boisesound on January 19, 2015, 09:19:13 PM ---Is moving up to the 5Mhz band an option? Just a thought.

--- End quote ---

Thanks but already using 5Mhz to avoid problems with the digital wireless microphones such as the Line 6 gear.

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 19, 2015, 05:46:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Fluddman on January 19, 2015, 10:50:17 AM ---Ok - this is really weird.

Just set up at home and its working perfectly. Could it somehow be venue specific??

I hate inconsistent problems  :(

--- End quote ---
This is where a frequency analyzer comes in handy. My recommendation for anyone using wireless mics is to get one unless they're already part of the wireless setup (high end products). I suspect that since your iPad is cellular that you had it on (easy to test for) and with a bunch of other phones at the venue plus possible TV and other transmitters in the area you didn't stand a chance. Cell receiver overload can have interesting effects on them say nothing of the iPad software trying to service it, yes they have some protection but it's not unlimited. The frequencies involved may be IMD products which requires software to help you stay clear of problems.

--- End quote ---

Thanks WK. So I'll turn the cellular off next time.

Fluddman:
My real concern is for the future as I am considering a DL32R.

As with Wynn I also keep a docked iPad in the DL1608 but that's not possible with the DL32R and either is going for the trim pots. So if it were to happen with the DL32R it would be a a real show stopper!

If its a cell problem I don't understand why the UHF microphone set it off.

Cheers to all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version