Author Topic: Wireless microphone drama  (Read 11094 times)

musicdan

• Padawan
Re: Wireless microphone drama
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2015, 02:22:32 PM »
Sorry for the major slip up regarding wifi on old iPads. It won't ever happen again. You should now go back  through every post I've ever made on this forum  to recheck for such accidents before mixing your next show just to be safe.
DL1608

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 02:33:20 PM »
Sorry Dan I guess I got out the wrong side of bed this morning...

musicdan

• Padawan
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 02:37:19 PM »
No worries. i only try to help out when I can and try to keep my info as accurate as possible though the odd time my brain produces and error lol.

Have a good day :)
DL1608

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »
Another way to force your ipad to 5 Ghz without disabling 2.4 Ghz on the WiFi is passwords.  (I use passphrases, longer and still easy to remember.)  On my airport express, I've setup NoInternetHere and NoInternetHere 5Ghz.  for devices that can do the high frequency, I only log them onto the high one.  They never get the password for the lower frequency and therefore never look for it.  And you can "forget" any WiFi you don't want it to connect to. (Think that's easier on a MacBook.)

Dan will be happy he got the iphones right.  I've got a 4S and 5 Ghz isn't an option for it.  (Primary reason I keep the 2.4 ghz option available.)

musicdan

• Padawan
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 03:40:40 PM »
in my router (dlink AC1200) I was able to log into the setup with my MacBook and turn off the 2.4ghz radio all together. I found I was having issues between master fader and wireless pack with 2.4ghz turned on even though no devices were  connected to it.

DL1608

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2015, 01:11:50 AM »
Ok so last night I was able to use another iPad air. It was slightly better than my usual one but no where near as good as the older ipads.

So can only conclude that iPad air doesn't reject RF as well as iPad 2 does.

I will go to Apple with this problem but I am not expecting a great response.

It will be a PIA to have to keep using the old iPads - the weight is significant when you hold one for three or four hours.

Cheers

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2015, 01:29:09 AM »
Ok so last night I was able to use another iPad air. It was slightly better than my usual one but no where near as good as the older ipads.

So can only conclude that iPad air doesn't reject RF as well as iPad 2 does.

I will go to Apple with this problem but I am not expecting a great response.

It will be a PIA to have to keep using the old iPads - the weight is significant when you hold one for three or four hours.

Cheers
This doesn't make much sense if you can use the same iPad without issues at home. Sorry to say but you have another problem.Maybe one of your band mates is bringing it to the table (phone or other electronic gadget).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:32:23 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2015, 01:35:42 AM »
Yeah it doesn't make a lot sense.

All I can think of is that I must have very little rf noise around my place compared to venues.

For the last couple of weeks I have been testing before I power any of the pa or lights up. So it's not my gear causing the problem.

If there was another problem why would the older iPads work just fine?

Cheers

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2015, 06:02:26 AM »
Time for a spectrum analyzer. Software such as  https://www.acrylicwifi.com/en/wlan-software/wlan-scanner-acrylic-wifi-free/
for a PC or something equivalent for Mac. Unfortunately iPad locks out such tools. Android has them as well.
When in doubt KISS