Author Topic: My Fader Update  (Read 12718 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: My Fader Update
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 11:03:39 PM »
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? (the Simpsons a US TV show joke for our other friends.) :)

Or... "Don't have a Cow Man!"  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 12:28:35 AM »
Still thinking that Master Fader 3.x wasn't just modified.  I'm betting it's a near full rewrite and My Fader needs to be a near full rewrite too.  (And that is what is holding things up.)   Come on Mackie, we're rooting for you on this!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 12:41:16 AM »
I don't claim to know Jack Sh1t about app development but isn't iOS on an iPhone extremely similar to iOS on an iPad?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 12:43:24 AM »
Still thinking that Master Fader 3.x wasn't just modified.  I'm betting it's a near full rewrite and My Fader needs to be a near full rewrite too.  (And that is what is holding things up.)   Come on Mackie, we're rooting for you on this!

I'd like to think that everyone on the forum here, is too! (rooting for Mackie that is)  :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:45:58 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 04:29:20 AM »
You're right that ios is nearly identical on an ipad and an iphone.  I doubt that is what is holding My Fader up.  We know that Master Fader 3.x involved new firmware on the mixer.  My thought is the hang up is probably getting the new My Fader to interface with the new firmware.  Building the graphical front is pretty easy.  There also might be a ton of testing making sure that My Fader doesn't introduce a new white noise source.  (Or more lag.)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 10:11:36 AM »
Then the only thing preventing Master Fader running on the iPhone is the size of the screen? Will it run on an iPhone 6+?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 12:17:03 PM »
Just went to the App store on my Wife's iphone 6+ and only My Fader shows up.  So I'm guessing that either it's locked out or can't run on it.  (Locked out is likely, but the controls would be very tiny if it did load.)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 01:21:49 PM »
Of course the opposite is true, you can install and run My Fader on the iPad. Why? Not really necessary, but boy the interface is way much bigger. Might be good for older eyes?  ;) And of course the whole idea of My Fader was to run it on much more portable devices for convenience purposes.  :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 02:10:08 PM »
Of course the opposite is true, you can install and run My Fader on the iPad. Why? Not really necessary, but boy the interface is way much bigger. Might be good for older eyes?  ;) And of course the whole idea of My Fader was to run it on much more portable devices for convenience purposes.  :)
It'd be great for the iPad mini doing a monitor mix - if they ever fix it so it can do a stereo mix, it presently lacks pans :( .

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 05:48:02 PM »
I emailed BenO / Mackie 5 days ago with questions regarding MF 3.X and My Fader. Haven’t received a response yet. Last year BenO used to respond very quickly to personal emails, usually within a day or two. I was impressed with the speed at which I got a reply. Not so much now. Must be a lot going on at Mackie?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
He's recouping from NAMM and chasing new customers no time for spend money.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 07:10:39 PM »
He's recouping from NAMM and chasing new customers no time for spend money.

No doubt!  :laugh:

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2015, 08:05:36 PM »
Maybe they’re waiting to release it to coincide with the next major update to MF 3.X?  What? Releasing both apps at the same time? What a unique concept!  :o

Bet they release My Fader 2 with Master Fader 3.  :lol:

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2015, 08:47:29 PM »
Maybe they’re waiting to release it to coincide with the next major update to MF 3.X?  What? Releasing both apps at the same time? What a unique concept!  :o

I’m leaning towards a “double whammy release too” (maybe not a double whammy per say). Most likely in Feb, now. So, who will be the first to post the good news?  ;)

Scott Waldy

• Youngling
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 10:41:23 PM »

I’m leaning towards a “double whammy release too” (maybe not a double whammy per say). Most likely in Feb, now. So, who will be the first to post the good news?  ;)

I've been checking daily. OOO... OOO... Please let it be me. LOL...  :P