Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Headphone Out not Working

(1/8) > >>

musicman7722:
I have noticed recently that my headphone out will no longer drive headphones.  I crank up the volume and can hear something but not at a volume that is usable.  Yes I have tried a few sets of headphones as well as 2 types of in ears.  There is enough signal to drive my IEM using an insert y cable to mono so I get stereo into the unit (Senn G3) it will also feed my Rolls device as well as Tascam recorder so I'm at a loss.  And yes I have the master volume out at unity.   x(

Any thoughts?

Chris

musicman7722:
I should mention for the record it is a DL1608

WK154:
Tying two outputs together (stereo outputs of the DL) without a more detailed knowledge of the circuits involved will take it's toll, as it seems to have done here. Just because someone makes a input Y cable doesn't mean it's useful, my advise is get rid of it before it causes you more grief. If your DL is under Warranty send it back.

Wynnd:
If it's still under warranty, call Mackie.  Sounds like the headphone amp has either fried or there's another problem.

musicman7722:
I am not summing the out together into a mono I am breaking the stereo out into proper left and right mono and then plugging each momo out into my IEM unit in stereo.

How long are they under warranty for?  I have had mine almost since their release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version