Author Topic: Headphone Out not Working  (Read 17288 times)

Soundbyte

• Padawan
Re: Headphone Out not Working
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2015, 06:45:11 AM »
When you're 250 feet out from the stage, it's really confusing to listen to soloed channels that aren't delayed. Not exactly the market this mixer plays in, but it's an interesting feature to have available.
I use high isolation headphones so not a problem for me :-) . Is anybody really running a headphone line out 250 feet or using a 250 foot snake with their DL1608? I only use the headphones from sidestage myself...

Not a 250' line, but I do use an IEM system with cans on my DL32R. And as someone who has actually used the feature, I feel qualified in saying that it helps. But to each his own.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 12:03:30 PM »
I hadn't thought about IEMs out in front while mixing.  I've got a set but haven't used them out.  (Transmitter is already mounted in my mixing stack.)  Will keep that in mind.  I running sound for a play next week.  Might be a good place to try them out.  (Dress rehearsal Friday night with two shows on Saturday.)

Soundbyte

• Padawan
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2015, 01:52:25 PM »
It works great and maintains your wireless only connection. The effects section on the DL32R is pretty rudimentary so I also control an effects rack via wireless MIDI. That way the rack can sit on top of the mixer in a typical send/return arrangement. I control it using a second iPad mini.

iwerica

• Youngling
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 06:41:51 PM »
my scenario...
band,PA,and DL, on a small island.
me,ipad,talkback mic and IEM,(and of course the audience) over the sea, on the coast, 20/30m away...
1+ for delay on phones

musicdan

• Padawan
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 07:21:36 PM »
It works great and maintains your wireless only connection. The effects section on the DL32R is pretty rudimentary so I also control an effects rack via wireless MIDI. That way the rack can sit on top of the mixer in a typical send/return arrangement. I control it using a second iPad mini.

What are you running for your midi setup?
DL1608

Soundbyte

• Padawan
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 07:49:33 PM »
The rack has a lexicon MPX500, TC M300, and a TC D-two delay. They are networked using an iconnectMIDI4+ interface, using the same network as the mixer. On the iPad end,I'm using MIDI designer to build my own custom controllers. That App is freakin' awesome. If you've never tried it, you should, it's like designing your MIDI controller on a blank piece of paper with a CAD program.

musicdan

• Padawan
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 08:00:52 PM »
thanks, I'll check it out. I'm running MainStage 3 on a mac mini for the keyboard rig but I've thought about running my MBP for FOH as well using MainStage with audio strips to make an effects loop with an aux and back into a channel.

I'm really hoping that someday Master Fader will have midi control added so that MF parameters can be controlled via hardware controllers and also have a page of faders/buttons to control outboard gear. Changing keyboard patch could control any effects, volume, eq etc. the possibilities would be endless!
DL1608

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2016, 02:18:17 AM »
Gents

i finally up[graded to 4.0

Am looking for the QAP "monitor" feature mentioned earlier in this post.  Any help for this blind ding bat would be great.

Chris

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2016, 05:16:45 AM »
Top right corner just to the left off the shows button (display) it is three dots over a bar :-)

Martin
If in doubt ask