Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Headphone Out not Working

<< < (7/8) > >>

Soundbyte:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 25, 2015, 05:50:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: nottooloud on January 25, 2015, 05:44:26 PM ---When you're 250 feet out from the stage, it's really confusing to listen to soloed channels that aren't delayed. Not exactly the market this mixer plays in, but it's an interesting feature to have available.

--- End quote ---
I use high isolation headphones so not a problem for me :-) . Is anybody really running a headphone line out 250 feet or using a 250 foot snake with their DL1608? I only use the headphones from sidestage myself...

--- End quote ---

Not a 250' line, but I do use an IEM system with cans on my DL32R. And as someone who has actually used the feature, I feel qualified in saying that it helps. But to each his own.

Wynnd:
I hadn't thought about IEMs out in front while mixing.  I've got a set but haven't used them out.  (Transmitter is already mounted in my mixing stack.)  Will keep that in mind.  I running sound for a play next week.  Might be a good place to try them out.  (Dress rehearsal Friday night with two shows on Saturday.)

Soundbyte:
It works great and maintains your wireless only connection. The effects section on the DL32R is pretty rudimentary so I also control an effects rack via wireless MIDI. That way the rack can sit on top of the mixer in a typical send/return arrangement. I control it using a second iPad mini.

iwerica:
my scenario...
band,PA,and DL, on a small island.
me,ipad,talkback mic and IEM,(and of course the audience) over the sea, on the coast, 20/30m away...
1+ for delay on phones

musicdan:

--- Quote from: Soundbyte on March 21, 2015, 01:52:25 PM ---It works great and maintains your wireless only connection. The effects section on the DL32R is pretty rudimentary so I also control an effects rack via wireless MIDI. That way the rack can sit on top of the mixer in a typical send/return arrangement. I control it using a second iPad mini.

--- End quote ---

What are you running for your midi setup?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version