Author Topic: DL1608 for sale  (Read 14538 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
DL1608 for sale
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:58:29 PM »
I'm putting the DL up for sale, reluctantly as I still think it's a great mixer but I need to fund an X32 Rack (in lieu of an S16) to supplement my X32 Compact and can't really justify keeping the DL as the X32 will fulfil the same function. It's two and a bit years old and built into a not particularly pretty but very practical case with the PSU.

There is a single IEC mains connector on the back, the lid lifts off and there is room and power connector for a (not included) Apple Airport Express inside.

Price is £550, PM me if your interested.

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: DL1608 for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 11:59:02 PM »
hope you sell it and also hope once it's gone you will still stay with us on the forum.
always enjoy reading your posts.

Your never to old to learn something stupid

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:17:00 AM »
X32 users are welcome here - as well as any other digital mixer users as who knows what we'll all be using next ;) . But Behringer has a nice official user's forum as does Presonus and AFAIK every other major digital mixer maker except Mackie :facepalm: .

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 05:09:12 AM »
X32 users are welcome here - as well as any other digital mixer users as who knows what we'll all be using next ;) . But Behringer has a nice official user's forum as does Presonus and AFAIK every other major digital mixer maker except Mackie :facepalm: .
Presonus , QSC , Behringer , Line6 and Avid manufacturer forums are in the here and now.
AFAIK, Yamaha , Roland , Digico , SSL , Midas , A&H and Mackie are nonexistent.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:47:10 AM by James91104 »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 09:18:31 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm active on the Berry X32 forum as well as Blue Room and Sound on Sound. No time for any more but I have a client with a DL1608 so I will continue to follow this one after mine gets sold. 8)

Midas are part of Music Group and there is a "Professional" section in the MG forums but no posts as yet., A&H have a 'Digital Community' forum, Roland have a forum but no live sound forum. Digico and SSL are out of my league  :(
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:39:03 AM by sam.spoons »

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 12:55:43 PM »

Midas are part of Music Group and there is a "Professional" section in the MG forums but no posts as yet.

Brilliant, you couldn't make it up!!!!

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »
Midas are part of Music Group and there is a "Professional" section in the MG forums but no posts as yet., A&H have a 'Digital Community' forum, Roland have a forum but no live sound forum. Digico and SSL are out of my league  :(

KAPOW ! How I missed the A&H Digital Forum prior and never crossed my radar screen is laughable! IMO the most conspicuously absent is Yamaha. Thanks for the enlightenment Sam.
Best on your resale.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 09:26:57 PM »
Sam so your saying that the iPad shown is included but the air express not, wow what a deal.   >:D
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 11:07:43 PM »
No mate, sadly the iPad is NOT included (just to make it clear NOT INCLUDED) ;D

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 10:03:52 AM »
I thinks it's only a matter of time before music group snaps up mackie anyway,

Good luck with the sale chas

Kev

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 11:24:45 AM »
It would suit you perfectly Kev  8)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »
I thinks it's only a matter of time before music group snaps up mackie anyway,

Good luck with the sale chas

Kev

The X-DL32? and the Master X-Air Fader App? Boggles the mind.  :)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 09:14:11 PM »
The x mix app is huge.
I don't think I could ever truly wrap my head around it enough to be fluent on it

Your never to old to learn something stupid

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »
The x mix app is huge.
I don't think I could ever truly wrap my head around it enough to be fluent on it

It is a very complicated app, I guess due to all the features in it. But it runs great on the iPad 2 without any lag in any screen.  ;)  I do agree though, MF is still the easiest app to get around on in my books, even 3.X  :)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 09:43:27 PM »

That whole debacle really added to my Mackie dislike. I think I had nearly 15 years of informative posts on there that went bye-bye when they pulled the plugged. Then they never followed through with their commitment to do something to replace it. Facebook don't count.
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!